Adding memory to old laptops: ASUS M6000 Series
James Hopkin has worked in the Australian computer industry since 1987. He founded Upgradeable.com in 1999 as an independent online source for computer memory upgrades. From day one the Upgradeable way has been to help computer users easily upgrade their systems.
When upgrading your ASUS M6000 notebook, it is important to find the correct memory modules for your notebook's specific model number. There have been quite a number of different notebooks released within this series, some of which require DDR memory and others which require DDR2 memory.
Find a list of ASUS memory upgrades on the Upgradeable Web site.
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
Installing the Memory – Base of the Notebook
1. Remove 2 screws (M2*3L(K) ) and take the memory DIMM cover away.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out on a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory module, hold it at a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the module with the notch located in the memory slot.
4. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
5. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 2 to 4.
Internal memory slot: keyboard removal instructions
1. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*6L(K)) on the bottom case.
2. Flip the notebook over and proceed by unlocking the 3 keyboard latches then pull out the keyboard forward and lay the keyboard on the front side.
3. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*6L(K)) and take away the memory cover.
4.To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out on a 45 degree angle.
5.To install the new memory, hold it at a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the module with the notch located in the memory slot.
6. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
7. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 4 to 6.
8. Replace the memory cover and keyboard by reversing steps 1 to 3 of the "Keyboard Removal Instructions".
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- Black Friday Amazon deals: Price drops for Echos, Kindles and Fire tablets
- Amazon Black Friday deals: The best tech at killer prices
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTService Delivery Specialist - $61 per hourOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- FTSenior Field Services Telecommunication RiggerACT
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BankingVIC