Adding Memory to old laptops: Acer Aspire 3680
James Hopkin has worked in the Australian computer industry since 1987. He founded Upgradeable.com in 1999 as an independent online source for computer memory upgrades. From day one the Upgradeable way has been to help computer users easily upgrade their systems.
The Acer Aspire 3680 has the following memory specifications:
Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-4300, 533Mhz, 200-PIN SO-DIMM
Maximum Memory: 2GB
Configuration: 2 Memory Slots
Base Memory (Non-Removable): 0MB
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
1. Remove the two screws shown in the picture below, then proceed by removing the memory cover.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out on a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory upgrade, hold the upgrade on a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the upgrade with the notch located in the memory slot.
4. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
5. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 2 to 4.
6. Close the memory slot compartment and replace the battery and any removed accessories. You can now restart your system with the new memory installed.
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.
Find more memory upgrades at: www.upgradeable.com.au
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- The Evil Within 2 hands-on preview: An artistic approach to horror, and vice versa
- Google buys HTC's smartphone brains for $1.1 billion to bolster its hardware push
- Windows 10 digital ink: All the improvements with the Fall Creators Update
- Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ServiceNowOther
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- CCProject MangerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect - AzureNSW
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT