Like many consumer electronics categories, the end of the Australian financial year is often a great time to nab yourself a new laptop.
Regardless of whether you’re after a slim and light ultrabook, a versatile 2-in-1 for content creation or a Max-Q-geared gaming machine, there are usually plenty of brands that use the end of the financial year to clear out older or aging stock at discounted prices.
If you’d like some tips for buying your next laptop, check out this guide here.
Here are our picks for the best Australian EOFY Laptop Deals we’ve seen so far. Be sure to check back over the next few weeks for more deals:
- Lenovo IdeaPad L340 @ AU$699 via Lenovo Store
- Lenovo ThinkPad E959 @ AU$899 via Lenovo Store
- Lenovo ThinkPad E490 @ AU$974 via Lenovo Store
- Lenovo ThinkPad E15 @ AU$1034 via Lenovo Store
- HP Omen 15.5 i9 Gaming Laptop @ AU$3499 via Microsoft Store
- Razer Glade Stealth 13 @ AU$2999 via Microsoft Store
- Huawei MateBook 13 @ AU1272 via JB Hi-Fi
- ASUS VivoBook 15 @ AU$149 via JB Hi-Fi
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 @ AU$547 via Microsoft Store
- Samsung Galaxy Book S @ AU$1449 via Microsoft Store
- ASUS Zenbook @ AU$1444 via Amazon
- Huawei Matebook D15 @ AU$1029 via Amazon
- Huawei Matebook D14 @ AU$1140 via Amazon
- Acer TravelMate P2 @ AU$1133 (30% off) via Acer
- Acer TravelMate P6 @ AU$1994 (30% off) via Acer
How long do Australian EOFY deals usually last?
Australia's End of Financial Year technically occurs on the 30th of June. The new financial year begins the following day, on on July 1st.
Typically, retailers and other outlets looking to capitalize on the occasion to move excess stock will announce deals in the weeks before that date with most promotions set to expire once the new financial year begins.
Why are there so many EOFY sales?
Since most businesses prefer to start their financial year with as little excess stock as possible, it's common for them to heavily discount products in the period ahead of the EOFY in order to maximize their chances of selling out and entering the new year with as little unsold stock as possible.
Over time, savvy consumers have caught onto this dynamic. For that reason, many hold off on major electronics purchases until the EOFY in hope of some serious savings. While you might not get the exact discount you're hoping for, there's certainly going to be plenty of EOFY deals running through the month of June.
If you do see a deal you like though, it's usually smarter to move on it sooner than later. The best EOFY deals are often only applicable while stocks last.
How do EOFY sales compare to other seasonal sales events like Black Friday or Boxing Day?
Some of the sales events later in the year such as Amazon's Prime Day tend to be better if you're looking for smaller gadgets like headphones or other stocking-stuffers. However, if you're looking to nab a big-ticket item like a new TV or laptop, the EOFY sales period tends to be pretty compelling.
What other Australian EOFY deals are happening?
You can check out our round-ups of the best Australian EOFY deals through the links below:
- Best Australian EOFY Headphones Deals
- Best Australian EOFY TV Deals
- Best Australian EOFY Smartphone Deals