Amazon Prime Day isn’t just a day—it’s essentially a 60-hour event that starts right now with deals on Amazon’s own devices, including Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers. Bottom line: If you’ve been considering one of these devices, now is the time to buy, as we’re seeing discounts of up to 50 percent. (You’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member to score these deals, and if you aren’t already, you can sign up here.)
Of all the deals listed below, we're partial to the all-new Kindle, which is the best budget Amazon e-reader you can buy, and now $10 less than its all-time low price. Compared to the previous model, it upgrades from E Ink Pearl to E Ink Carta for sharper text. It also adds a capacitive touchscreen to minimize errant swipes.
Check out all the deals:
- The all-new Kindle has dropped to $59.99—and this includes a $5 eBook credit and three months free of Kindle Unlimited. This represents a $30 savings for the entry-level Kindle, which earned 4 stars in the PCWorld review.
- The all-new Fire 7 tablet is now $29.99, or you can get two for $49.98—savings of $20 and $50, respectively.
- The Fire HD 8 tablet is now $49.99, or you can get two for $79.98—savings of $30 and $80, respectively.
- The Fire HD 10 tablet is now $99.99, or you can get two for $179.98—savings of $50 and $120, respectively.
- The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition is now $59.99, or snag two for $99.98—savings of $40 and $100, respectively.
- The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet is now $79.99, or snag two for $139.98—savings of $50 and $120, respectively.
Now, if you’re interested in all of Amazon’s Prime Day deals, please check our Prime Day landing page starting the stroke of midnight on Monday, July 15. We hand-picked scores of Prime Day deals based our own experiences with the products, Amazon user reviews, and discount information available at press time. We’ll update our Prime Day articles as more pricing information—and new deals—become available.