D-Link ANZ has announced enhancements to its popular Omna 180 Cam HD, adding Android support and introducing an updated app for a seamless home surveillance solution.
“The Omna app’s new features and enhancements now allow Android users the same full functionality as iOS users which in turn makes Omna an even more attractive product to anyone using a smartphone or tablet,” said Graeme Reardon, D-Link ANZ MD.
The first camera to work with Apple’s smart home platform – HomeKit – the Omna 180 Cam HD launched earlier this year, receiving positive attention and customer feedback. Underscoring its commitment to a connected home experience, D-Link leveraged this customer feedback to build on the Omna user experience. With both Android and iOS support, the Omna app provides accessible remote viewing for all users wanting to monitor their homes.
The updated, free Omna app features event notifications, remote live streaming, and a new pinch-to-zoom capability that allows users to zoom in on areas of the camera’s live-view to see more detail.
Additionally, the Omna app now allows users to conveniently enable or disable night vision and the LED indicator light remotely.
The new Omna app is available now as a free download from Google Play for Android devices. For iOS users, the Omna 180 HD Camera iOS update is also available on the App Store for iPhones and iPads.
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- D-Link AC3200 Ultra tri-band wireless router
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- D-Link ANZ Partners Exclusively with AVSystem for Zero-Touch Device Management in Australia and New Zealand