Samsung Australia has announced the release of its factory calibrated UD970 professional monitor.
The ultra high definition (UHD) 31.5-inch monitor is said to cover 99.5 per cent of the Adobe RGB colour spectrum. Samsung claims it will give professionals improved creativity, efficiency and engagement during the creative process.
The plane to line switching (PLS) monitor features 3840 x 2160 resolution and 10 bit colour support for up to a billion colours. It has a grey-to-grey (GTG) response time of eight milliseconds and a typical 1000:1 contrast ratio.
Connections available include a display port, HDMI and USB 3.0, though those wishing to take advantage of the enhanced colours will have to migrate away from DVI as the format is not supported.
The Samsung UD970 monitor is available to purchase at approved Samsung stockists for a recommended retail price of $2499.
- Second delay plagues Samsung Galaxy Note Edge launch
- Apple iPad Air 2 (4G) review: Small tweaks, big difference
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- Viewsonic VX2363SMHL 23in LCD monitor
- LG sub-$1000 UHD TV (40UB800T) review