Braven likes to create speakers that can be used in all sorts of situations, but the company’s new Mira quite possibly takes the cake for versatility.
It’s a Bluetooth speaker that comes with a kickstand that can double as a hook. This means you can place it in some interesting positions throughout your home, including the shower, as long as you have the space to hang it. It has an IPX5 water resistance rating, so slight splashes of water won’t damage it.
If the shower seems like an all too personal space to have a speaker blaring music, then you could also use it in the kitchen while you prepare your next meal. The kick stand will let it rest on a bench quite easily, or, again, you could hang it up on any available towel rack or oven-mitt hook (as long as the hook is large enough, of course).
Braven also reckons you can use this speaker while in a jacuzzi, while riding in a boat, or simply while lazing around the pool. It’s rated for 10 hours of playback, so that’s a lot of potential poolside listening.
It’s available now in Australia and New Zealand and costs $130 in both countries.
Braven's speaker appears to be part of a growing trend of gadgets that can be hung. Lenovo also introduced a couple of tablets that feature a hang mode. Read about them here: Lenovo goes nuts on innovation, introduces Yoga tablet with built-in projector and loads more.
- New Fitbit fitness trackers: what’s the difference between the Fitbit Charge, Charge HR, and Surge?
- Sony SRS-X5 bluetooth speaker review
- Braven releases bluetooth speaker forged from aircraft grade aluminium
- Lenco multiroom speakers produce punchy sound, yet won't take up too much room in your home
- B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker