Zynga's network of users has historically been tightly linked to Facebook's social graph, but now the gaming giant is looking to branch out.On Thursday, Zynga rolled out changes to its homepage allowing users to create an account on the site just for playing games without having to log in first through Facebook, as has been the custom previously.The moves are part of a larger company plan to further distance itself from Facebook in an effort to expand and solidify its own user base. Ending the contract with Facebook that has bound Zynga more tightly with that social network than others was about doing what's best for the players, Zynga chief operations officer David Ko said Thursday afternoon. "A large percentage of our players are connecting with their Facebook ID, but there's also a large percentage of players coming to us specifically to play in a gamer environment, and we're trying to offer them that experience on Zynga.com," he said during a conference in downtown San Francisco.People will still have the option of connecting through Facebook and retaining their existing friends, game progress and sharing history.In 2013 Zynga will also focus on strengthening its franchise of products as it rolls out new games, Ko said.Draw Something 2, for instance, which incorporates significant user feedback from the company's hugely successful Draw Something mobile drawing game, will launch "soon," the COO confirmed.Running with Friends, which has already rolled out in Canada, as well as Farmville 2 for mobile, will also launch this year, Ko said.The company will also focus specifically on mobile and tablet computers as more people move away from the desktop."Mobile right now for Zynga is one of our most important issues as a company," Ko said.Currently 72 million of the company's 300 million monthly active users access games on mobile, but Zynga is looking to scale up those numbers for mobile.More gaming companies, Zynga included, will also be looking at launching products first on tablets instead of smartphones as the devices become more widespread and allow for richer gaming experiences, Ko said.Besides Facebook, Zynga's games are also accessible through Google+ and the Android platforms, though 86 percent of the company's revenue in 2012 was derived from Facebook, Zynga said in its most recent annual report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- Google Pixel 2: 10 awesome tips and tricks
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 is real, and it's five times faster then the original Surface Book
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update review: This could be Microsoft's biggest Windows yet
- Pixel 2 XL review: A.I. magic on a 6-inch display
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- FTAgile Business Analyst, Online Payments ProgramsOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer, Wintel, VMWareOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPBI Project ManagerQLD
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther