Taking a step into the social media marketing industry, Oracle is purchasing Vitrue, the two companies announced Wednesday. Vitrue helps corporations disseminate their messages and advertising across popular consumer social media platforms, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Google+. It coordinates social media marketing campaigns, analyzes the results and helps organizations interact with individual consumers on a more individual basis. The company offers these services though its own hosted social relationship management (SRM) platform. Oracle plans to infuse Vitrue's services with Oracle's own data management and analytics capabilities, which should give customers more insight into how effective their social media campaigns truly are. Since its launch in 2006, Vitrue has built up a large client list, including such well-known entities as McDonald's, American Express, Domino's Pizza, Procter & Gamble, and Lowe's. Vitrue has offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Dallas, Atlanta and London Oracle expects to close the transaction within the next three months or so. Vitrue will continue to operate as an independent company until then. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, although TechCrunch, the technology news site that focuses on venture-backed startups, estimated the deal to be worth about US$300 million. Joab Jackson covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Joab on Twitter at @Joab_Jackson. Joab's e-mail address is Joab_Jackson@idg.com
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Evoluent VerticalMouse C Right Wireless review: This upright mouse aims to end your arm pain
- What is a DXOMark Score?
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSharepoint AdministrationQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Change AnalystOther
- CCOracle E-Business Suite DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Node.js DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (Office 365)Other
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystsVIC
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTSenior iOS Software EngineerOther
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!VIC
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTFull stack .NET Developer (Angular.js, Durandal.js, Node.js)QLD
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Salesforce Consultant / DeveloperOther