Why virtualise your NAS environment?
ADC KRONE Announces New Compact, Flexible Optical Distribution Module (ODM) Series – Fibre Optic Panel
- 24 September, 2009 10:22
<p>ADC KRONE, (NASDAQ: ADCT;) today announced its new Optical Distribution Module (ODM) Series 19”W fibre optical panel, which provides termination, splice, slack storage and an optical monitor for optical fibres in compact 2 rack unit (RU) modules. The ODM’s wide range of features and options are designed to provide industry-leading fibre cable protection and management. With its unique design, this compact and flexible solution reduces overall cost and enhances system flexibility and functionality.</p>
<p>"The ODM Series utilises a universal chassis designed to fit a variety of different ODM modules allowing carriers to add capacity as their network grows,” said Alan Crawford, senior product manager for the Asia Pacific Region, Global Connectivity Solutions, at ADC KRONE. "The most immediate and obvious benefit of ODM is its lower cost of ownership. When compared to a traditional fibre panel, the ODM reduces the up-front investment and offers scalability that is far less expensive.”</p>
<p>“ADC KRONE’s modular design offers a strong value premium of a single interface to perform multiple tasks in the network. With a scalable and reliable modular design, the ODM series enables network technicians to have ease of access to terminating, splicing and storing fibre. This cable management approach translates to time and money saved on moves, adds and changes.” said Crawford.</p>
<p>The ODM features include the following:
• ODM has termination/splicing capability for 72-96 fibres in a 2 RU space. Integrated rear splice trays offer great flexibility to fit specific network applications. The ODM offers high capacity with up to 1,920 SC/FC connectors per 2.2m height in the optical distribution frame (ODF).</p>
<p>• ODM utilises a common Plug-and-Play module. To drive down valuable installation time, no tools are required for assembly.
• ODM utilises an auto lock mechanism that allows secure, controlled accessibility to the module.
• ODM has a unique bend radius protector and sliding adaptors that provide ultimate fibre management to allow for any fibre movement without inducing a macro-bend, and to maintain proper bend radius protection.</p>
<p>About ADC KRONE
ADC serves its customers as ADC KRONE in the Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia-Pacific regions of the world. ADC KRONE provides the network infrastructure equipment and services needed to deliver voice, video, Internet and data communications around the world. Wireline, wireless, cable, enterprise, and broadcast network operators rely on ADC offerings to deliver bandwidth intensive, high-speed services to residential, business and mobile subscribers. ADC (NASDAQ: ADCT) has sales into more than 130 countries. Learn more about ADC KRONE at www.adckrone.com.</p>
- It's over: Intel and Micron file for divorce on 3DXpoint technology
- 4 non-Amazon Prime Day deals: A $450 GTX 1080, a $95 SSD and more
- Here are the best deals on Amazon for Australia's first Prime Day sales
- Apple’s new MacBook Pro: First impressions
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals on fitness trackers and smartwatches