NAVIGON Adds Major Features to its iPhone App in Australia Including Text-to-Speech
- 25 August, 2009 09:05
<p>Sydney/Australia, August 25 2009 — NAVIGON AG, the leading innovator in the navigation market, today announced the first free update for the Australian version of the MobileNavigator for the iPhone has been submitted to Apple and will be available soon. It equips the NAVIGON app with a whole set of new and relevant features.</p>
<p>A highly anticipated function is text-to-speech that lets the NAVIGON MobileNaviagtor speak street names. NAVIGON is the first major navigation brand that has announced the submission of an update with text-to-speech functionality for its iPhone app. Instead of just saying “turn right”, the app now for example says: “turn right into main street”. This allows the driver to fully concentrate on the road ahead and not become distracted from looking for street signs. “With the addition of text-to-speech technology from SVOX, NAVIGON keeps staying on the forefront of iPhone navigation with the most solid feature set on the market,” said Gerhard Mayr, Vice-President Worldwide Mobile Phones & New Markets at NAVIGON. “SVOX offers high quality text-to-speech technology that is characterized by a natural and clear sound as well as an unique polyglot capability – the same voice can speak multiple languages like a native speaker," said Eric Lehmann, Chief Sales Officer of SVOX.</p>
<p>The update even adds more major features to the MobileNavigator. Many of these take advantage of the iPhone-specific functionalities. Here’s what’s included in the update:</p>
<p>• Text-to-speech. The NAVIGON MobileNavigator becomes the first navigation app for the iPhone in Australia that speaks street names.
• Location Sharing. This feature is also a first on the iPhone and makes it easier to meet-up with friends and acquaintances. Users can share their own location, an address or a point POI such as a restaurant or museum with other people via email. If the recipients are also using the MobileNavigator, they can simply click on a link with the address or destination in the email to get directions. The navigation software starts automatically when the link is activated and guides the user directly to the destination.
• Route Planning. NAVIGON’s route planning function known from the companies PND line enables users to plan a route with different destinations ahead of a trip.
• Call POI’s. The call POI function allows to directly call the number of a POI such as a restaurant or hotel by simply clicking on the number. It is even possible to save the number to the user’s contacts.
• Seamless integration of the iPod control. Users can now access the iPod functions while using the MobileNavigator. A simple click on the iPod symbol that is displayed in the map view makes it possible to select playlists, titles and albums with ease, listen to songs again or leave it to the device to generate a random selection of songs. Another click takes the user back to navigation. NAVIGON has also optimized the volume control when navigating and using the integrated iPod function of the iPhone at the same time. During voice announcements, the volume of the music smoothly fades out.
• Automatic Day and Night Mode. Depending on the time and location, the map colors change. This guarantees optimal display visibility at all times and allows drivers to recognize the route as quickly as possible to improve orientation.</p>
<p>The MobileNavigator transforms any iPhone 3G, equipped with the new Apple OS 3.0 operating system, and any iPhone 3G S into a complete navigation device. It is the only iPhone navigation app on the market featuring Reality View™ Pro which displays 3D views of complex highway interchanges and exits helping drivers to orientate. Also unique are the branded POI’s along the route which make it easier to spot any points of interest that are on the way.</p>
<p>The NAVIGON solution sells for AU$99.99 in the Apple App Store and is equipped with maps of Australia from NAVTEQ®. It will be available for a promotional price of AU$69.99 until August 31.There are no subscription fees for map downloads attached, since all the map data is saved on the device.</p>
<p>For more information and FAQs, please visit: www.navigon.com/iphone. Images of the update can be found here: http://flickr.twi.bz/ab</p>
<p>You will also find NAVIGON on the following platforms:
NAVIGON AG is a world-leading manufacturer of navigation systems. With its own portable navigation systems, and thanks to its partnership with reputable consumer electronics manufacturers, NAVIGON stands for high-quality GPS navigation on pocket PCs, PNDs and mobile phones. NAVIGON also provides professional navigation solutions such as driver-assistance features for the automotive OEM market. NAVIGON was founded in 1991, and employs over 400 workers in locations in Asia, Europe and North America. – NAVIGON. And the world is yours.</p>
<p># # #</p>
Professional Public Relations
Telephone: 02 9818 0919
Mobile: 0437 812 102
- Garmin Announces New Vivofit 4
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse review: A flagship mouse worthy of the Surface name
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- We just learned Moto's plans for the X5, Z3 and G6, and that’s a big problem