Secure and Save before time runs out with Bitdefender Exclusive Clearance Offer! Get Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Now!
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 400 USB flash drive keeps data synchronised between multiple PCs
- 05 February, 2008 11:02
<p>MigoSync Software, Password Protection and Up to 8GB of Storage
Make DT400 Perfect Solution for Business Travelers</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia – 5 February 2008 –Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler® 400 (DT400), a new USB Flash drive preloaded with MigoSync data synchronization software from Migo Software, Inc., that allows users to work among multiple PCs by directly synchronizing files, email and Internet browser settings onto the drive.</p>
<p>“The DT400 is the perfect solution to keep documents and settings completely up-to-date and in sync,” said Vaughan Nankivell, regional manager, Australia/New Zealand, Kingston. “Accessing email and keeping sections of the drive secure through password protection make the DT400 a powerful device for anyone to stay safely connected with work or home while on the go,” added Nankivell.</p>
<p>Available in capacities up to 8GB, the DT400 with MigoSync software helps users navigate between systems. In addition to standard file synchronization, MigoSync also comes with Universal Mail Format1, which enables a user to access email on a guest PC, even when it does not support the user’s primary email application for formats including Windows Mail, Outlook, Outlook Express or Lotus Notes. The drive’s built-in SecureTraveler2 software allows the creation of a ‘Privacy Zone,’ whereby a user creates and maintains a password-protected area of the drive to keep data safe.</p>
<p>The Kingston DataTraveler 400 is supported by a five-year warranty and free technical support.
Kingston DataTraveler 400 USB Drive Capacities and Pricing
Part Number Capacity and Features Australian RRP inc GST
DT400/2GBFE 2GB DT 400 USB Drive $ 45.90
DT400/4GBFE 4GB DT400 USB Drive $ 79.90
DT400/8GBFE 8GB DT400 USB Drive $ 183.90</p>
<p>Kingston DataTraveler DT400 USB Drive Compatibility Table
Operating System File Transfer Password Protection MigoSync
Windows Vista Yes Yes Yes
Windows 2000 SP4 Yes Yes Yes
Windows XP SP1/SP2 Yes Yes Yes
Mac OS 10.2 & higher Yes No No</p>
<p>Kingston DataTraveler 400 USB Drive Features and Specifications:
• Capacities3: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
• Dimensions: 2.57″ x 0.71″ x 0.41″ (65.4mm x 18.0mm x 10.4mm)
• Speed4: data transfer rates of up to 20MB/sec. read and 10MB/sec.write
• Enhanced5: for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems
• Operating Temperature: 32º F to 140 º F (0 º C to 60 º C)
• Storage Temperature: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C – 85º C)
• Easy: plug and play
• Compliant: designed to Hi-speed USB 2.0 specifications
• Practical: Capless design means no cap to lose
• Multifunctional: preloaded with MigoSync data synchronization software
• MigoSync Supported Email Clients: Microsoft Outlook Express (5.0 and 6.0), Outlook 2000 (and above) with POP3/SMTP and Exchange Server6, Windows Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5 and 2.0), Lotus Notes (6.5 and 7.0 with POP3/SMTP and Domino6)
• MigoSync Supported Internet Browsers: Internet Explorer (5.0 – 7.0) and Mozilla Firefox (1.5 and 2.0)
• Safeguarded: includes SecureTraveler security software for Windows
• Flexible: Migo operating language in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai, Portuguese and Dutch
• Guaranteed: five-year warranty</p>
<p>1Universal Mail Format requires additional storage. Universal Mail Format only synchronizes email and contacts.
When using Universal Mail Format, Outlook with Exchange and Lotus Notes with Domino access is limited to sending email. Without a valid SMTP configuration, email access is limited to viewing only.
2 Administrative privileges required.
3 Please note: Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
4 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
5Although DT400 is enhanced for ReadyBoost, SecureTraveler will not operate properly if ReadyBoost cache is enabled on the drive. However, you may enable ReadyBoost cache on a separate drive.
6Remote system may require VPN connection.</p>
<p>For more detailed information on Kingston USB products, please visit the Kingston Web site at: www.kingston.com/anz or call toll free on 1800 649 469.</p>
<p>About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/anz.</p>
<p>For additional media information, images or products for media review, please contact:</p>
<p>Ms Alice Ridgway
Tel: +61 2 9963 7725
Fax: +61 2 9957 5766
<p>Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.</p>
- Fujifilm announces new X-T100 camera for entry-level photography
- The best PC games of E3 2018
- Hands-on: Rage 2's Doom-inspired action is a maelstrom of guns, grenades, and gore
- It's a great day to upgrade your monitor for cheap
- Hands-on: 8BitDo refines it modern take on Nintendo-style retro controllers