Silence is golden -- and portable

Sometimes you have to get away from it all, even if the farthest you can travel is in your own head. One way you can do that without resorting to illegal substances is through the Total Isolation System. It's got a fancy name, but essentially it's just two parts: in-ear noise-cancelling earphones (which, it's claimed, masks up to 90 percent of surrounding noise) and a CD with nothing but different types of white noise (for most of the remaining 10 percent).

The Total Isolation System sells for US$315, which makes me think that you could spend half the price and get something almost as effective by combining a pair of Shure noise-cancelling earphones and a similar CD. However, as someone who used to suffer from migraines on a nearly daily basis, I'd say that US$315 is chump change for saving your sanity.

Total Isolation System
Total Isolation System

Join the newsletter!

Or

Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.
Keep up with the latest tech news, reviews and previews by subscribing to the Good Gear Guide newsletter.

Emru Townsend

Digital World (US)
Show Comments

Brand Post

Most Popular Reviews

Latest Articles

Resources

PCW Evaluation Team

Luke Hill

MSI GT75 TITAN

I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.

Emily Tyson

MSI GE63 Raider

If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.

Laura Johnston

MSI GS65 Stealth Thin

If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.

Andrew Teoh

Brother MFC-L9570CDW Multifunction Printer

Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category

Louise Coady

Brother MFC-L9570CDW Multifunction Printer

The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use

Edwina Hargreaves

WD My Cloud Home

I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.

Featured Content

Latest Jobs

Don’t have an account? Sign up here

Don't have an account? Sign up now

Forgot password?