Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
Are you concerned with margin and wondering how to make money selling cloud-based solutions? Do you find it difficult to determine the difference between Cloud and hosted solutions? Do you think it impossible to fund a new practice off of recurring revenue streams? If you have ever wondered about these questions and more, then you will benefit from reading "The 3 Myths of Cloud Computing for VARs" white paper. There are many myths in the market about Cloud computing and the economic model for VARs. This paper addresses common these myths and helps VARs and Solution Providers start down the path towards building a sustainable and profitable business model. You will gain insights into options for building strong recurring revenue, robust service and training engagements, and opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell new solutions and services.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources.
Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients.
Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
5 important reasons you should partner with APC by Schneider Electric
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW