Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
Are you concerned with margin and wondering how to make money selling cloud-based solutions? Do you find it difficult to determine the difference between Cloud and hosted solutions? Do you think it impossible to fund a new practice off of recurring revenue streams? If you have ever wondered about these questions and more, then you will benefit from reading "The 3 Myths of Cloud Computing for VARs" white paper. There are many myths in the market about Cloud computing and the economic model for VARs. This paper addresses common these myths and helps VARs and Solution Providers start down the path towards building a sustainable and profitable business model. You will gain insights into options for building strong recurring revenue, robust service and training engagements, and opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell new solutions and services.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources.
Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients.
Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
5 important reasons you should partner with APC by Schneider Electric
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW