If you want to watch 3D movies bursting out of the screen, you'll need a 3D TV: a regular LCD or plasma just won't cut it. We've made sure you can fin...
If you want to record TV, or play digital TV on an old TV set, you'll want a set-top box or personal video recorder. We've consolidated all our PVR re...
If you want to watch a movie that will make your new Full HD LED or plasma TV look good, you'll need a Blu-ray player. We've rounded up all our Blu-ra...
We round-up the best HTC smartphones on the market in 2012, including upcoming 4G models like the One XL and the Windows Phone-powered Titan II 4G.
Quad-core smartphones are all the rage in 2012, as manufacturers have begun to equip their flagship models with the latest in mobile processor technol...
4G may be relatively new in Australia, but there are a few smartphones available on the market that utilise this super fast technology.
The ability to work anywhere, anytime is essential for any student. Thanks to mobile broadband modems it's easy to access the Internet whether you're ...
If you've got a heap of digital textbooks or course notes that you want hard copies of, invest in a laser printer. They're extremely cheap and can pro...
If you've got an older PC or laptop and need some more storage space for school -- for some movies or music, or if you've just bought a new digital ca...
So you've bought a new PC or laptop for the school year, but you want more screen real estate. Or maybe your old PC is doing just fine, but you've got...
If you're going back to school, and you've got a shiny new MP3 player or smartphone filled with music and movies, you'll need some good headphones to ...
Heading back to school or university? Why not aid your studies with an inexpensive tablet?
Heading back to school or university? Why not aid your studies with an inexpensive Android phone!
You may well be able to use your smartphone for most of your photography needs, but sometimes you need a dedicated camera to get optimal results. Mayb...
Printing for schoolwork doesn't need to be great quality, but whatever printer you're using has to have plenty of features. Scanning is an important i...
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT