We enjoy getting wireless peripherals in for review, because inevitably review will mean testing them whilst we work, which goes some way to reducing the intimidating mass of cables that litters our desks. Unfortunately, we found the Creative Pro 90...
There are a number of legal and not-so-legal ways to record digital music - ripping it from a CD, cassette or vinyl being the most obvious. But it's only recently become possible to create permanent copies of the tunes and broadcasts you enjoy online...
Sony Movie Studio is an ideal 'all in one' video movie maker for the enthusiast and also a handy program for the entry level user. Extensive use of Wizards show you everything from saving to DV tape, writing a DVD or even sending your video over the ...
A solid low to mid-range home theatre setup, Sharp's HT-M700H is a great option for users looking for a small surround sound system. A stylish, modern design and a balanced range of sound quality impressed us, although there are a few key omissions w...
The Sagem myC4-2 is similar to the budget level <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212598;pid;1281;pt;1 target="new">myC2-3</a>, but it adds a few extra features, including a convenient external screen and a VGA camera.
The Microsoft Desktop 5000 combination pack is a mouse and keyboard package with a difference. It comes with a package of Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006, included free in the box, and the keyboard is design specifically to take advantage of imag...
As its name would suggest, the Creative Webcam Notebook is specifically tailored to satisfy the needs of the mobile user. Barely larger than an AA battery, the camera attempts to provide all the functionality of a regular webcam in a diminutive and p...
The launch of a new version of Pinnacle Studio is often followed by reports of program instability and crashes that take a hefty software update to sort out, and the latest version looks to be no different.
The Iomega Screenplay Pro, while incorporating some worthwhile improvements over its predecessor, also retains many of the same flaws.
The Canon Pixma iP1600 will appeal to anyone on a tight budget. It comes in a neat little package and is simple to use, but this no-frills printer sacrifices several features we'd expect to see even in a low-cost inkjets. Most obviously, the iP1600 l...
Keeping your data safe from prying eyes is a necessity these days, whether it's to stop hackers or others closer to home who have direct access to your PC or notebook. Steganos Safe 8.0 is the latest in a long line of data-protection utilities aimed ...
Sagem have created the myC2-3 as a mobile phone for those with an extremely tight budget. Having played with this phone for a while we'd recommend looking at some of the other options on the market as this unit cuts a few too many corners.
The Sennheiser PX 100 is a portable set of over-the-ear headphones which fold up neatly into a convenient plastic carry case. The result is excellent sound reproduction which would suit those who are constantly on the move.
Way back in the heyday, when the Commodore 64 (C64) was the latest fad, an accessory was released that when placed over the C64 keyboard turned it into a piano. This was mind blowing at the time and we were envious of anyone who had the luck to own ...
Creative have an extensive range of webcams, including the high end (and not to mention expensive) <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212594;pid;1277;pt;1 target="new">Live! Ultra</a>, capable of capturing 640x480 video at a ...
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google is giving away a Chromecast with the Google Home
- Twitch will start selling video games you're watching on streams
- New Windows 10 feature blocks desktop apps, points to Windows Store instead
- HTC's new Vive payment plans diffuse the high cost of PC virtual reality
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTMobile Gaming SupportQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- TPProject ManagerOther