You can see more on the Dell Inspiron 6000's wide screen than on most other 15.4" displays, thanks to its WUXGA resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. In fact, you can work with higher-resolution photographs, more spreadsheet columns, and more tiled docum...
The W1 is a multimedia notebook with style to spare. Its well-constructed design includes a fingerprint-resistant brushed metal alloy finish on the latchless lid itself (with squeak-free "hidden" screen hinge) and around the keyboard. The palm rest i...
In true Alienware style, the Area 51m is a quality, high-end notebook. Apart from the lid, it's actually the same notebook as the fantastic Pioneer DreamBook Power 900.
At its native wide-screen resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels, the Dell 2405FPW showed remarkable colour and clarity. On test screens, text looked sharp, and images looked crisp and saturated. The 24" wide screen performed particularly well on our Web p...
For years I've dreamed of making changes to images in Adobe Photoshop directly on the screen, the way I work on paper. Wacom's 21" Cintiq 21UX touch screen monitor promised to make my dream a reality. But as often happens, things didn't turn out as s...
This card has a memory capacity of 128MB of GDDR3, which is half the capacity of many other cards that use the same processor. It is based on the ATI Radeon X700 PRO GPU, and its clock speeds are 425MHz for the GPU and 866MHz for the memory.
Wider screen. Sleeker case. Easier upgrades. The Acer TravelMate 8100 offers several advantages over its predecessor, the impressive TravelMate 8000.
Samsung's 24" SyncMaster 243t has no desire to be a TV; it just wants to be a great monitor. It's one of the few wide screens we've tested that offers no component, composite or S-Video inputs.
Wielding PCI Express graphics (in the form of ATI's 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X600) in combination with a 3GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor and 512MB of dual channel PC2700 DDR SDRAM pushed the Acer Aspire to impressive heights of performance ...
Looking at the performance results of this card, it quickly becomes obvious why ASUS has decided to bill this card as "Extreme". It beat other cards in its class in every single test that we ran and it did so very convincingly. In particular, Unreal ...
Switched off, the ViewSonic VP231wb looks businesslike and understated, thanks to its thin bezel and monochromatic, two-footed design. But once you fire up the 23" wide screen, you'll discover that vivid colour reproduction and sharp text are the VP2...
While this card is based on the X600 Pro chip, it has a feature that have not seen on other cards: a jumper setting that can be manipulated to make the GPU run at X600 XT speeds. The GPU/memory clocks are set at 405MHz/512MHz by default, but when the...
In order to keep the cost of the camera low, the E-300 trims fat in areas the average photographer won't notice. Even so, it manages to look and feel like a more expensive camera. Its solid body has an aluminium chassis covered in Olympus's trademark...
Samsung touts the SyncMaster 242mp's included TV tuner as the model's major draw. But this 24" wide-screen LCD monitor deserves a closer look instead for its stellar still-image quality.
Pentax's oddly named *ist DS has a 6.1 megapixel CCD sensor that delivers images with 3008 x 2008 pixel resolution and sufficient detail to make good-looking A3 colour inkjet prints. Like most other digital SLRs, the CCD sensor is physically larger t...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW