We've had dozens of mobile phones go through our office and its no surprise, with <a href=http://www.idc.com.au/press/release.asp?release_id=162" target="new">IDC</a> predicting their will be 19.2 million users this year and 100% market penetration b...
The Sony Ericsson Z520i is an admirable entry into the mid-range mobile phone market and contains a solid list of features for a reasonable price.
Since its launch in 1993, Encarta has become the dominant electronic encyclopaedia and helped effectively kill off the concept of a print encyclopedia.
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the ins...
Mandriva Linux 2006 feels very much like a natural evolution of earlier Mandrake releases--in both good and bad ways. As we tested the PowerPack edition of Mandriva 2006, we were disappointed to find many of the same rough edges that drove us away fr...
In every generation one video game console stands out as a leap forward in gaming. In the last generation it was the Playstation 2 which came to market, obliterating the Sega Dreamcast and revolutionizing the home entertainment market by making DVD ...
Verbatim has released a low end 256MB MP3 player that capitalises on their expertise with storage solutions, by offering an expandable slot. What this means is that in addition to the inbuilt 256MB memory, you can purchase an additional SD or MMC car...
For most of its life, budget page-layout program Serif PagePlus offered competition to the equally cheap and cheerful Microsoft Publisher. But version 11.0 of this venerable program has loftier ambitions - it is clearly intended to compete in the sam...
The latest version of MovieMaker is the first release that could be truly called a DV editing program rather than merely a curiosity and as a second effort, it is an extremely solid and useful application for the new user.
Billed as Australia's first 3G i-mode phone, the NEC N600i offers the ability to keep track of all your important information whilst on the go. However, while the phone's internet functionality may be above par, we felt the rest of its features were ...
As a digital camera manufacturer, Kodak has enjoyed mixed results. The picture quality of their units is almost always outstanding, but problems in other areas have left many of their models flailing in the middle of the pack. But the P850 brings a...
Even though Philips is one of the companies behind the DVD+R format, the DVDR3365 can record to DVD-R/RW discs as well as to DVD+R/RW. This gesture toward detente in the DVD wars doesn't seem to have extended to the manual, however: While DVD+R recei...
The Philips SBC HS520 portable headphones have been designed for the sports person in mind, but unfortunately, this convenience comes at the expense of quality.
Many products let you add hard-drive storage to a network, but few are as flexible and as affordable as Netgear's $229 Storage Central SC101.
If you spend a good deal of your working day typing documents, reports, or emails, you've probably had concern about repetitive strain injury (RSI). It's no secret that excessive keyboard use wreaks havoc on hand tendons, but there are a couple of al...
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW