Forget all the review speak, subjective ratings and technical mumbo-jumbo. The simple fact is that all the hi-fi components I've ever reviewed fall into three broad categories.
The Exposure line-up features three different ranges: the entry-level 2010 series, the middle ranking 3010 series and the range-topping "New Classics" series which--somewhat confusingly--sport Roman numeral model numbers. As part of this latter serie...
The powerful 5z70 may use the now older, original Centrino platform, but that doesn't stop it being good value for money. The Portiva is originally manufactured by ASUStek in Taiwan (as the Z7000 series) and then rebadged by Hallmark.
This value-orientated model from Twinhead would be ideal for students and mobile professionals alike.
We live in confusing times and few understand this better than the modern audiophile. Wander into your local specialist hi-fi emporium and you'll be dwarfed by enormous plasma screens, surrounded (quite literally) by boom 'n' tizz home theatre system...
Toshiba has packed quite a bit of performance into the Centrino-equipped Satellite M40's stylish silver chassis. However, our 3kg test model (PSM40A-03k009) also proved to have limited battery life, with the battery lasting just 62 minutes in our wor...
Lenovo (which has taken over the ThinkPad brand from IBM) has added an integrated fingerprint reader to select models of its flagship thin-and-light laptop, the ThinkPad T42. The sensor, embedded in the lower-right palm rest, requires that you slide ...
If you've been waiting for a ThinkPad R51 with improvements, you'll like the R52, a very similar black business laptop with a slightly faster processor. Lenovo (which bought IBM's PC business) has updated the processor, but not much else with the Thi...
The CentriNote 805 is a Centrino-branded notebook model. Its core specifications include Intel's new Dothan Pentium M CPU (with 2MB L2 cache and a 400MHz frontside bus) running at 1.7GHz along with 512MB of DDR SDRAM, a 60GB Hitachi hard disk and a m...
The HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC dv1000 lives up to its name. A standalone DVD player as well as a laptop, it plays movies or music CDs at the press of a button, without the need to boot into Windows. An optional remote lets you control the ...
The Optima Centoris G595 has a multiformat (-/+) DVD writer, 802.11b/g wireless networking, four-in-one card reader and a great worst-case scenario battery life of 98 minutes--all for less than $2200.
This is an interesting model from ModTech--a power notebook with a value price.
This Diamond 1615.R has great performance and great features, such as single format (-) DVD writer, 802.11b/gwireless networking and a 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller.
The LS50-8 is a great-looking slim (2.7kg) silver machine with great battery life (worst-case scenario of 85 minutes). It features a 15" display capable of a maximum on-screen resolution of 1400 x 1050. This crisp display and the 128MB ATI Mobility 9...
I loved the movie Moulin Rouge, with its bright colours and bold musical sequences. But the movie has one glaring weakness: it doesn't look good on my notebook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW