The heart of this Centrino-branded (802.11b/g Wi-Fi-equipped) machine is a 1.8GHz Intel Pentium M processor, 512MB of 333MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM, an 80GB 5400rpm Fujitsu hard disk and a multiformat DVD writer.
Like other recent Acer models, the latest TravelMate, the 8104WLMi, has a stylish corporate folio appearance.
This model features great battery life (110 minutes in a worst-case-scenario) that can be tailored using Acer's ePowerManagement software. It's quite light at just 3kg and it has cutting-edge specifications such as the 2GHz Pentium M processor.
High-end performance and great battery life are the main drawcards of this machine. Using a Dothan Pentium M CPU (running at 1.8GHz), the 8005LMi also has 512MB of memory and an 80GB hard drive. This combination of components produced a fine score of...
It's clear that Acer has put some serious thought into its TravelMate 3200 range.
Although inexpensive, the TravelMate 2304LCi is characterised by the same stylish corporate folio appearance as Acer's top-level range.
Acer, the official supplier to the Scuderia Ferrari F1 racing team, has launched its new Ferrari 4000 notebook series bearing the famous prancing horse logo and packing in some interesting new technologies.
When I think of racing, I think of ear-bleeding engine noise and fiery multicar pileups. Maybe that's why I initially steered clear of the Acer Ferrari 4000 with its black-checkered lid and "EAARRRrrrrrooom!" startup sound. (Acer says you can turn th...
Acer's low-cost Extensa range is perfect for the budget and educational markets. Acer has reduced costs on this particular 3000 series configuration by omitting Wi-Fi and accelerated graphics--however, these remain options.
This notebook uses a 2.8GHz Intel Celeron D processor, which provides good performance for a good price, certainly, but doesn't really charge out of the gates. The graphics are integrated, which means the latest games are off-limits, but you can opt ...
Flanked by its clear Perspex speakers, the TDK Slimline NX-02CD Sound System is a futuristic-looking mini hi-fi system that resembles no other device on the market. The clear plastic screens on each end of the device are, in fact, polycarbonate speak...
Sony's 5.1 megapixel Cyber-shot DSCT33 is cleverly designed and compact. Its roughly the size of a deck of cards and looks like a fancy silver-plated cigarette box; the front and back are smooth, with no bulky bits sticking out. Its slimness makes it...
Pentax is a name that many people consider synonymous with photography, thus we would have expected it to do a little more with the Optio S55. It's not that the S55 is an awful camera, but it just doesn't offer the same performance as many of the oth...
Pentax's Optio S5z is essentially an upgraded version of the S55, which we have also reviewed on the site. For around $100 more you get a host of improved features that are definitely worth the extra money.
One of the things we love about the 6 megapixel DMC-FX9 is its looks. The DMC-FX9 comes in a sleek, compact silver chassis and feels extremely solid. It is about the size of a pack of cards, and slips comfortably into a pocket or small bag.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTTest Capability ManagerVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTData & Analytics Technology Platform ManagerVIC