With computer vendors targeting the lounge room, it wasn't going to be too long until home theatre vendors hit back with their own products addressing the digital lifestyle trend.
Kenwood's SAT6100 setup is essentially an upgrade to its 5.1 surround model, the SAT5100, and thus differs very little from its predecessor. It suffers some of the same problems, but also shows a little improvement.
The Nikon Coolpix 7600 is a mixed bag. On one hand, it offers great picture quality in a compact model, but on the other hand it lacks the features, functions and style of several of its competitors.
Intel is offering its Pentium D range of dual-core processors at speeds beginning at 2.8GHz (the Pentium D 820). Each chip comes with 1MB of cache per core, 64-bit instructions and has a frontside bus speed of 800MHz. Some versions of the processor a...
Intel's Pentium 4 Extreme Edition processor (P4 EE) is aimed at the top end of the consumer market, at users who want ultimate performance for serious gaming and multimedia production applications. We looked at a version of the chip with a clock spee...
Until recently, only high-end workstations and servers could reap the benefits of having more than one CPU in the same machine. This was primarily due to the cost of the hardware (a motherboard with two CPU sockets). With dual-core technology, AMD ca...
The Coolpix 8800 combines powerful (8-megapixel) imaging resolution and a long (10X) optical zoom. An update of the Coolpix 8700 (which has an 8X zoom), the 8800 looks and operates much like its predecessor, with the same bulky, black body and a lens...
The Konica Minolta DiMage Z2 has a space-age look. It's big, round, silver body houses a 10X zoom lens and is attached to the large battery-compartment-cum-right-hand-grip by a short stalk. Unfortunately, the size of the handgrip and the placement of...
The Transcend Digital Album is a photo viewer, MP3 player and digital storage device which would serve a photographer on the move, but lacks some distinctive features.
Portable media players let you stow in your pocket favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos--a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer.
Compared to a previous generation of Caviar drives that we tested in January 2004, the current crop of Caviar drives have much-improved performance, lower heat emissions and practically silent performance.
Having been so impressed with Panasonic's DMR-ES30 combo DVD recorder and VHS player, we were looking forward to seeing what Panasonic could do with a hard disk in the box. Sadly, the answer is not much more than it does without one. Rather than take...
If you're looking for a generous support plan from your hard drive manufacturer, then you can't go past Seagate, which recently introduced five-year warranty plans. This shows a major leap of faith in their products, as not too long ago the same prod...
Samsung's SATA range of drives have mainstream capacities, starting at 80GB, and the model we tested was the SpinPoint SP1614C, which is a 160GB drive with an 8MB cache buffer, a 7200rpm spin speed and fluid dynamic bearings.
Toshiba's SD63HK home theatre kit offers just about everything you need to set up your own home cinema (except a screen). The small system was designed by KOI and features four satellite speakers, a centre speaker, subwoofer and DVD player.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT