Lately, we've reviewed an awful lot of headphones and a lot of awful headphones, so when we saw the design for the Philips Extra Comfort portable headphones we had to get our hands on them.
If you have a cable TV connection at home, then no doubt you've experienced the frustration that limits you to watching it on only the television that is hooked up to the cable set top (decoder) box. This means that even if you have multiple televisi...
Zoep, formerly known as Voipster, is capable of direct peer-to-peer calls with other Zoep users and SIP calls to users of any SIP capable hard or soft phone worldwide. Like Skype and Gizmo project they also offer Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) co...
One of the great mysteries of the Universe is why Apple has such a stranglehold on the portable music player market. The range of iPods certainly look pretty, but for each model Apple releases, someone else brings out a player that has better specifi...
If you follow the development of computer technology you'll know that we are beginning to reach the point of diminishing returns for a single CPU. The solution? Place multiple cores on a single chip! Multiple components are the way of the future, an...
We've had dozens of mobile phones go through our office and its no surprise, with <a href=http://www.idc.com.au/press/release.asp?release_id=162" target="new">IDC</a> predicting their will be 19.2 million users this year and 100% market penetration b...
The Sony Ericsson Z520i is an admirable entry into the mid-range mobile phone market and contains a solid list of features for a reasonable price.
Since its launch in 1993, Encarta has become the dominant electronic encyclopaedia and helped effectively kill off the concept of a print encyclopedia.
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the ins...
Mandriva Linux 2006 feels very much like a natural evolution of earlier Mandrake releases--in both good and bad ways. As we tested the PowerPack edition of Mandriva 2006, we were disappointed to find many of the same rough edges that drove us away fr...
In every generation one video game console stands out as a leap forward in gaming. In the last generation it was the Playstation 2 which came to market, obliterating the Sega Dreamcast and revolutionizing the home entertainment market by making DVD ...
Verbatim has released a low end 256MB MP3 player that capitalises on their expertise with storage solutions, by offering an expandable slot. What this means is that in addition to the inbuilt 256MB memory, you can purchase an additional SD or MMC car...
For most of its life, budget page-layout program Serif PagePlus offered competition to the equally cheap and cheerful Microsoft Publisher. But version 11.0 of this venerable program has loftier ambitions - it is clearly intended to compete in the sam...
The latest version of MovieMaker is the first release that could be truly called a DV editing program rather than merely a curiosity and as a second effort, it is an extremely solid and useful application for the new user.
Billed as Australia's first 3G i-mode phone, the NEC N600i offers the ability to keep track of all your important information whilst on the go. However, while the phone's internet functionality may be above par, we felt the rest of its features were ...
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW