The HP Photosmart 8450 has room for three ink cartridges, using up to eight inks at once to great effect; both its snapshots and photos printed on letter-size glossy paper showed sharp details and natural colours.
The HP Photosmart 8150 has a 2.5" colour LCD, which makes it easy to see what you're printing when you use a digital camera's media card. Four slots protected by a clear cover on the front of the printer accommodate all the popular card formats. From...
This printer is tiny, and has a slightly awkward design. Its rear paper input tray opens up in a very narrow fashion to allow you to insert up to 20 sheets of paper. The spring that holds the paper in place also makes it a little hard to load an indi...
The DeskJet 6540's biggest selling point is its claim of 30ppm (pages per minute) printing. Speeds quoted by manufacturers should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but while the 6540's real-world performance is almost half the stated speed, it st...
If you want to print images from many different sources, the Epson Stylus Photo R310 should provide the versatility you need. Its media card slots accept all the major formats, and its direct-print port does more than just communicate with compatible...
Coming bundled with extras such as photo paper and Epson's Image Framer software, the STYLUS C66 has a print resolution of 2880 x 1440dpi (dots per inch), with 5,760dpi available using optimisation.
Slightly more expensive than Epson's original PictureMate photo printer, the PictureMate 500's most notable improvement over the older model is the 2.4" colour LCD display that flips up from the top of the printer for viewing and editing photos.
A member of Sony's line of dye-sublimation photo printers, the DPP-FP50 is a sleek little unit designed to look stylish yet unobtrusive in your living room. And why would you want it in your lounge? Because it features an AV port and a remote control...
Like other dedicated snapshot printers, the Sony DPPEX50 dye-sublimation printer can work without a computer. You can drive it from a PictBridge camera, and it has slots for Memory Stick and CompactFlash cards. Despite the printer's on-board control ...
Targeted more at the consumer electronics user than the PC user, the DS700 is an inkjet-based printer that can print directly from a digital camera or from memory cards. Hooking it up to a TV screen via its composite video-out port reveals a neat int...
While the CP400 may look tiny, its flat design and straight paper path mean that the paper tray, and the rear clearance requirement, during print operations, requires a depth over 40cm wherever you decide to rest it.
During our tests the Canon PIXMA IP8500 printed great-looking photos and very attractive borderless snapshots, but it costs a good deal more than some comparable models, such as the HP Photosmart 8450. One thing the extra money will buy you is time w...
The PIXMA IP4000R is one of the few printers that comes with an 802.11g connection, although both the Epson STYLUS PHOTO R800 and STYLUS PHOTO R320 offer it as an option. The Pixma IP4000R doesn't have media card slots or an LCD monitor, but it does ...
Canon's PIXMA iP90 portable photo printer offers good prints for mobile users. The 1.8kg unit prints better and faster than its predecessor, the Canon i80, and even competes with full-size rivals.
Unlike most of Leadtek's performance products, which feature extravagant cooling designs, the PX6600GT TDH has a modest heat sink and fan assembly cooling its 500MHz 6600GT GPU and no cooling at all for the on-board 128MB of GDDR3 memory. This memory...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD