As far as most media centres go, they have real trouble blending into the lounge room. Trying to condense a huge PC tower into something that looks like a DVD player is never going to be an easy task and most companies have only met with small degre...
We've had a rocky relationship with noise cancelling headphones. We've found many units that claim to cancel noise, but don't cancel it very well at all and those that do, tend to be rather uncomfortable to wear. The Bose Quiet Comfort 2 delivers c...
Children's Toys always fascinate us here at the GoodGearGuide. Whether its digital animals that you have to 'feed' to keep happy, or a good old remote control car, being the big, immature kids we are, we can't help but play with them. So when Pixel C...
When you talk anti-virus software pretty much everyone has heard of Norton Anti-Virus. While Symantec's anti-virus suite is very good and overtly popular, there is a quiet achiever available for download from the internet that is updated more freque...
Klipsch make some of the sexiest home theatre and 2.1 PC speakers on the market. Their <a href="http://www.klipsch.com">website</a> is an audiophile's wet dream with a wide array of speakers catering to just about any audio usage you can imagine. W...
Every once in a while we are greeted with a product that makes us question what exactly the engineers were thinking. The Samsung Digimax V700 is one such device. Samsung haven't had much luck with their previous forays into the world of digital pho...
Toshiba's 60GB Gigabeat X60 is an MP3 player with support for displaying images. Nothing new about that you think. Well, you'd be right. There really isn't anything especially exciting about this player. While it's an improvement on the previous Gig...
The DCS-5300G offers the functionality of a traditional closed circuit television camera in a portable form with the additional bonus of web based access. While it may not sport a rugged design (you're not going to get away with keeping it outside fo...
This rather frightening looking device is one for all you James Bond wannabes out there. Although it may look like something 007 would whip out of his back pocket to dispense with a gang of bad guys, the Netcomm Infrared IP Camera isn't actually a le...
Sony has blitzed its DVD-burning competition with the release of the DRU-810A - the fastest dual-layer burner we have tested.
Collectorz.com consistently produces great collection management database software and Game Collector is no exception. Targeted squarely at gamers with huge game collections, Game Collector Pro keeps track of all your games across all the major cons...
As the priciest mouse currently on the market and the flagship model for Logitech's G series, the G7 has some hefty expectations to live up to. For this price we were really expecting something special and amazingly, Logitech has managed to outdo th...
Nero has been the most popular media burning software for many years and when we heard that a new version was coming out, naturally we were looking forward to it. We were slightly dubious as to whether it would be any different from the previous ite...
Creative's i-Trigue 3600 speaker system offers quality sound and great looks for your PC. It comes highly recommended - although at this price, we feel it is quite expensive.
Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 is a suite of products that not only allows you to create home movies, but burn them to CD or a DVD. The audio and music capabilities of the suite also mean that Media Creator 8 contains one of most versatile collection of ...
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC