With the DCRDVD7E, Sony has approached DVD camcorder design from a completely new angle, taking an inspiration cue from digital still cameras, rather than digital video cameras.
The DCRDVD602E is reasonably light, at around 500 grams with battery and DVD disc, and measures 12.7 x 10 x 5cm--thin enough to carry around in a coat pocket.
Once, DVD-based video cameras were the poor cousin of tape-based cameras. That's not so anymore. In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD403 as had excellent overall quality, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighti...
In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD803 produced excellent results, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighting.
The Sony DCRDVD703E offers some truly useful features that help distinguish it from the other Sony models and its competitors. It handles as well as many MiniDV tape based camcorders.
When you pick up the diminutive DCRDVD653E, you realise that the disc itself is the main hindrance to the design. While most of the body is around 7.5cm high, the casing on the right-hand side of the body protrudes past the rest of the casing, due to...
While Navman has impressed us in the past with its GPS navigation products, the Navman iCN 635 doesn't live up to the same standard as many of its other products. It lacks an LCD touch screen, and internal battery and is housed inside a heavy and bul...
Motorola's striking A1000 offers a blend of connectivity and performance, but is let down by a short 3.5 hour battery life. This sleek grey-and-silver unit weighs 160g and measures a very reasonable 117 x 59 x 19mm. It runs on the Symbian 7.0 UIQ ope...
Olympus typically stick with a fairly traditional, conservative design for their digital cameras, so when we pulled the MJU Mini Digital from the box, we were pleasantly surprised to see a sleek, stylish camera with an innovative design that sets it ...
The Brother HL-2070N is essentially the same small-office laser as the Brother HL-2040, but with a built-in print server that makes it easy to share among a small group of co-workers. The usage load would have to be fairly light: the HL-2070N isn't d...
The Brother HL-2040 laser printer would fit comfortably in an office that's tight on space and on budget. Its footprint is slightly larger than that of similarly priced models, but it looks more like a scaled-down professional laser printer than a so...
While it has a high brightness rating of 300cd/m², the DV191B was not among the brightest monitors during our testing. Its contrast ratio of 700:1, which is among the highest in the round-up, did produce excellent black colouring in our office enviro...
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games.
The panel in this screen is built using MVA technology, so the first thing we did upon turning it on was view it from sideways angles. We found that the colour became only slightly washed out as we wandered from left to right and looked down onto it,...
Acer's AL1912M panel is capable of displaying up to 16.7million colours. This means that it has the ability to reproduce a large colour gamut.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia