Convergence. That's the name of the game. Who wants to carry around a phone, PDA, camera, GPS, MP3 and video player? Nobody, that's who.
The HP Color LaserJet 2600n is easy to maintain and is best suited for a small workgroup with modest demands. Lightweight at only 18.4 kilograms, the printer is also compact and should squeeze into the most cramped of workspaces.
Sony's V series is the premiere wing of their new Bravia LCD range. Considering how impressed we were with the S series model we looked at last year, we were salivating at the notion of getting a look at their premium model.
The GoodGearGuide team has been eagerly anticipating getting our hands on the Sanyo PLV-Z4. We were fans of the <a href=" http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212575;pid;177;pt;1 ">Z3</a> and enjoyed the evolutionary leap it made from...
We all know that the inbuilt notebook mice just don't cut the mustard. They are delicate, difficult to get used to and considerably slow down your work speed. Thankfully, Microsoft has released a replacement mouse specifically targeted at notebook us...
We checked out a shipping version of Microsoft's home-user-centric Works Suite 2006. For $169.95 it includes the same four apps as the existing $100 Works 8 bundle (a plain-jane word processor, Excel-compatible spreadsheet, a basic database, and a ca...
Panda's Internet Security suite's first action is to check for existing antivirus or other security programs on your PC. Needless to say, it insisted that it was incompatible with our Trend Micro security suite and that to install successfully, we'd ...
Let's just get it out of the way - if you can see the shots at the top of the screen, then you'll no doubt agree that is possibly the ugliest mouse ever made. If you were to take a stone; an ugly stone, paint it with stripes (to make it go faster of...
Before Sony bought Sonic Foundry and all its video and audio editing technology three years ago, Vegas Video had a small yet extremely loyal following, with many video editors appreciating the solid performance and complete multimedia focus of the pr...
When it comes to Universal Remote Controls, they don't get more frustrating than the Zensonic Z150. Unlike most competitive models, the Z150 lacks any pre-programmed functions, meaning you have to sit there and program every button manually. If you w...
When you first get your hands on a product, it's easy to get taken in by a funky design and nifty functionality. Sporting a slick, vertical DVD player and an innovative disk storage system, the Sharp SD-AS1W definitely has these things, but does it ...
Why any company would honestly release a set of infra red headphones is puzzling. Infrared is the lowest quality wireless format available and so last decade. The Philips HC200 Rechargeable Infrared headphones are a complete waste of time in our opi...
Just prior to Christmas, GoodGearGuide editor Nigel Freitas handed me the BenQ M315 mobile phone to "play with". Somewhat animated at the time thanks to some pre-Christmas lunchtime cheer, I didn't realise that the words "just give it a go" actually ...
Netcomm's Network Dome Camera is a high end security solution for the professional user. The camera is designed to offer top performance in a rugged package and provides many options for the most demanding consumer.
Metz television has been in the industry since 1938 - even though most people probably haven't heard of them. They were the pioneers of the first 100Hz Cathode Ray Tube television sets and have been consistently producing high end TVs in their nativ...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA