Toshiba's SD63HK home theatre kit offers just about everything you need to set up your own home cinema (except a screen). The small system was designed by KOI and features four satellite speakers, a centre speaker, subwoofer and DVD player.
Maxtor's DiamondMax 10 hard drives greatly impressed us with their superb performances and low noise emissions.
We have long been fans of Hitachi's Deskstar series of drives, because of their cool and quiet operation and also because of Hitachi's market-leading capacities. Indeed, Hitachi was the first vendor to introduce a 400GB desktop drive. Its current 400...
When you see a colour laser printer claiming a 20ppm (pages per minute) print speed, cynicism tends to kick in--because colour printing is notoriously slow. But the magicolor 5430DL can really knock out the sheets.
The ViewSonic VP930b has incredible image quality and colour depth, along with a highly professional and functional design. It's a leader in 19" LCDs.
Kenwood's SAT7100 home theatre kit comprises two rear floor-standing satellite speakers (with stands), centre speaker, subwoofer, and three front speakers to provide a roomy, expansive sound. Kenwood has paid close attention to detail, shipping just ...
Logitech knows when it has a good thing going. When we reviewed the company's Harmony 676 remote control in January 2005, the device got our nod as the best model in its class. The more recent addition to the Harmony line, the 880 Advanced Universal ...
The IBM ThinkVision L190 is as simple as an LCD monitor gets. This analog-only model takes a just-the-facts-ma'am approach, eschewing advanced extras in favor of simplicity and a low price. As its boxy, businesslike shape suggests, the L190 performs ...
The Microtek ScanMaker i900 is an industrial-strength flatbed capable of producing high-quality scans from both printed documents and transparencies. Though the i900 costs a premium, it's justified by the quality, versatility and durability this well...
Microtek's ScanMaker i320 is a relatively inexpensive flatbed scanner that includes Kodak's Digital ICE technology for removing surface defects from photos. The version of Digital ICE that Microtek licensed for this model works with prints only. In o...
The HP Scanjet 8200 is designed with offices in mind. Capable of scanning both reflective items and transparencies, the 8200 is equipped with an 8.5" x 14" scan bed, making it ideal for processing large documents. Workgroups that need to do lots of o...
Most glossy screens show remarkably crisp text and saturated colour, and the bright, "polish type" screen on the BenQ FP91V+ is no exception, producing excellent results in our tests. On text, the BenQ, though less of a standout, still performed very...
The Epson Perfection 4180 Photo brings 4800dpi scanning, previously available only in high-priced corporate scanners, to the range of small-office scanners--and throws in some excellent image-enhancement features as well.
The Epson Perfection 2580 Photo produces high-quality images from both prints and film--and is a great value for the price. Plus, this scanner is ideal for anyone with stacks of 35mm negatives to scan.
The Epson Perfection 2480 Photo is relatively inexpensive, yet its fine image quality and brisk performance make it excellent value. The 2480 scans both photos and film, and like previous Epson scanners, it has push buttons that quickly launch common...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Maliciously crafted MKV video files can be used to crash Android phones
- After Windows 8 debacle, OEMs wax rhapsodic over Windows 10
- Alibaba eyes cloud computing expansion with $1 billion investment
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 29
- Russian hackers use Twitter to mask sneaky data theft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW