Let's just get it out of the way - if you can see the shots at the top of the screen, then you'll no doubt agree that is possibly the ugliest mouse ever made. If you were to take a stone; an ugly stone, paint it with stripes (to make it go faster of...
Before Sony bought Sonic Foundry and all its video and audio editing technology three years ago, Vegas Video had a small yet extremely loyal following, with many video editors appreciating the solid performance and complete multimedia focus of the pr...
When it comes to Universal Remote Controls, they don't get more frustrating than the Zensonic Z150. Unlike most competitive models, the Z150 lacks any pre-programmed functions, meaning you have to sit there and program every button manually. If you w...
When you first get your hands on a product, it's easy to get taken in by a funky design and nifty functionality. Sporting a slick, vertical DVD player and an innovative disk storage system, the Sharp SD-AS1W definitely has these things, but does it ...
Why any company would honestly release a set of infra red headphones is puzzling. Infrared is the lowest quality wireless format available and so last decade. The Philips HC200 Rechargeable Infrared headphones are a complete waste of time in our opi...
Just prior to Christmas, GoodGearGuide editor Nigel Freitas handed me the BenQ M315 mobile phone to "play with". Somewhat animated at the time thanks to some pre-Christmas lunchtime cheer, I didn't realise that the words "just give it a go" actually ...
Netcomm's Network Dome Camera is a high end security solution for the professional user. The camera is designed to offer top performance in a rugged package and provides many options for the most demanding consumer.
Metz television has been in the industry since 1938 - even though most people probably haven't heard of them. They were the pioneers of the first 100Hz Cathode Ray Tube television sets and have been consistently producing high end TVs in their nativ...
Every once in a while a device comes through the office that makes us go "Wow, why didn't someone do this before". The Logitech Wireless Music System is a primary example of this. It is such a simple little device, yet it has the capability to comp...
FWD.Communicator (short for Free World Dialer) is a combination SIP and proprietary client which allows FWD users to call other FWD users and users of any SIP phone. The novelty of FWD.Communicator lies in its integration with other client software f...
Apple's brand-new flagship supercomputer is just that: super. While we average PC users may baulk at the cost and wonder why some of the base specifications are so 2003, regular Power Mac users will be salivating at the prospect.
Basic personal finances can easily be managed on the back of an envelope or in a spreadsheet, but once you start juggling salaries, credit cards, mortgages, investment properties and share portfolios, a more structured solution is needed.
"Is that a GPS in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"
Palm's new TX sacrifices some of the storage and processing power of its predecessor, the Tungsten T5, in exchange for Wi-Fi and a lower price. The end result: more features for the buck.
With the iPod phenomenon making MP3 players one of the biggest movers in electronics over the past few years, the accessory market has literally exploded, with many companies rushing in for a piece of the pie. Unfortunately, rushing to make a product...
With a wide variety of digital devices available at our finger tips today, more and more people are suffering from eyestrain. Find out how Essilor Eyezen™ can help keep your sight safe and remove eye fatigue.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Torment: Tides of Numenera review: The Planescape successor you've been waiting for
- DJI's rugged Matrice 200 series drones go where no drone has gone before
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - EAMQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- CCCyber Security Strategy AnalystNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD