The most user-friendly feature of the ADS Tech Instant TV +FM PCI is probably its breakout box, which has composite and S-Video inputs. Thanks to the box, you don't have to access the back of your PC every time you want to connect an analog camcorder...
The DPandA TV-Stick is tiny, measuring less than 10cm in length. It plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port. The bandwidth the USB 2.0 interface provides is enough for HDTV support, and this tuner displays HD channels without any qualms.
Hauppauge's Nova-t PCI card has been around for a while now, and so has its software player, WinTV Nova-t. This software is very stable and more than capable of decent recording, scheduling and timeshifting. Its interface is simple, with the list of ...
Capable of picking up analog signals in addition to digital TV signals, the DVB-T300 is a versatile and inexpensive card. Analog and digital TV cannot be watched at the same time, of course, but analog reception can be used in instances where digital...
Among the least-expensive of Hauppauge's WinTV series of PCI TV tuners, the analog WinTV PVR-150 comes bundled with the Hauppauge's WinTV tuner software, which is easy to set up and lets you fine-tune a channel's frequency after setup, in case the au...
The ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 delivers good performance and provides a host of features that make watching and recording television on a PC almost as trouble-free as doing so with a PVR.
Netgear's MP101 wireless digital music player is built to share audio from a PC or an Internet music streaming service to a home stereo. It works over either an Ethernet or wireless connection.
Roku's SoundBridge M1000 is a snazzy piece of industrial design, built for piping digital audio from a PC (or Internet connection), to a home stereo. The M1000 itself is an aluminium cylinder 24.5cm long, and 6cm in diameter. Part of the cylinder is ...
Buffalo's LinkTheater is a top-notch network media player packed with powerful features. On paper, it's an impressive piece of kit. The device handles a massive range of video formats including DivX, XviD, QuickTime, WMV and all flavours of MPEG. It ...
Pioneer's take on an entertainment system for handling media playback, gaming and office tasks is a striking piece of kit. The silver plastic tube resembles a barrel with a handle cut into one side for transportation. At 8.7kg, and measuring 36cm lon...
Blueant's SuperTooth II Bluetooth portable handsfree kit is a clever product designed to be mounted in just about any modern vehicle to facilitate safe--and legal--mobile phone conversation in a moving car.
While most media devices on the market either include a hard disk for storing content locally, or are able to play files stored on a networked PC, the Mediagate MG-35 has a bet each way. It's both a network media player and a portable storage device ...
The TDK Tremor Xa60 system is a futuristic-looking set of desktop speakers that packs quite a punch in terms of sound quality--all for a fairly low price. The Tremors have NXT technology built into the two satellite speakers.
In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD803 produced excellent results, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighting.
It's tough these days to bring an innovative looking product to the market. With an increasingly competitive industry and hundreds of companies all trying to make an impact, the standard designs have been done to death. So when we cracked open Samsun...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW