This Kodak EASYSHARE V550 Zoom performs extremely well in terms of image quality, yet falls down in several other key areas.
The V530 is a divergence from the larger, plastic models Kodak has been so fond of in the past. Its sleek metallic design creates the impression of a great camera, and this time Kodak are definitely on the right track.
The tiny Casio Exilim EX-Z55 is immediately attractive. About the size of a deck of cards, it's easy to pack along for any occasion. Its brushed-silver metal body and nicely machined control buttons give it a solid feel in the hand and support smooth...
Canon's 5 megapixel IXUS i zoom is one of the best looking camera models we've ever seen. It is tiny and cased matte black metal with silver rimming, and has a 1.8" LCD that is particularly good in dark conditions. The IXUS looks like it belongs on t...
Using separate ink cartridges for each colour, the Epson STYLUS PHOTO R800 adds red and blue inks to the standard set of cyan, magenta and yellow inks; but it omits the light photo cyan and light photo magenta found in many six-colour photo printers....
The PIXMA iP3000 boasts a resolution of 4800 x 1200dpi (dots per inch) and uses technology that Canon refers to as FINE (full-photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering). In layperson's terms, this means that the PIXMA can produce tiny ink droplets--...
The Epson PictureMate's design suggests portability and recreation: it has a handle and looks like a small silver-and-black boombox. Despite its size and portability, the PictureMate doesn't run on batteries, though you can buy an optional car adapte...
HP's Photosmart 7760 delivers great photo quality and is moderately priced. In addition, it's well-equipped to print photos from memory cards or directly from a digital camera.
This dye-sublimation printer is designed vertically and looks kind of like a bonsai laser printer. I say that because this printer has a paper cassette that is located at the bottom of the unit, while its output tray resides at the top of the unit. T...
Lexmark's P315 is a three-colour thermal inkjet printer that uses a standard Lexmark tricolour cartridge. Unusually, it has no PC connectivity options at all; to print from the P315 you either insert your flash memory card in its card reader slots or...
This inkjet printer is designed to work completely free of a PC and has PictBridge and memory card facilities for input. A colour LCD screen is present for viewing the photos on your memory cards and the menu system for printing these out is very bas...
The HP Photosmart 8450 has room for three ink cartridges, using up to eight inks at once to great effect; both its snapshots and photos printed on letter-size glossy paper showed sharp details and natural colours.
The HP Photosmart 8150 has a 2.5" colour LCD, which makes it easy to see what you're printing when you use a digital camera's media card. Four slots protected by a clear cover on the front of the printer accommodate all the popular card formats. From...
This printer is tiny, and has a slightly awkward design. Its rear paper input tray opens up in a very narrow fashion to allow you to insert up to 20 sheets of paper. The spring that holds the paper in place also makes it a little hard to load an indi...
The DeskJet 6540's biggest selling point is its claim of 30ppm (pages per minute) printing. Speeds quoted by manufacturers should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but while the 6540's real-world performance is almost half the stated speed, it st...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- Meet Project Orca, SAP's new, Hana-based analytics tool
- Can Microsoft's new phones save its mobile ambitions?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW