Intel is offering its Pentium D range of dual-core processors at speeds beginning at 2.8GHz (the Pentium D 820). Each chip comes with 1MB of cache per core, 64-bit instructions and has a frontside bus speed of 800MHz. Some versions of the processor a...
Intel's Pentium 4 Extreme Edition processor (P4 EE) is aimed at the top end of the consumer market, at users who want ultimate performance for serious gaming and multimedia production applications. We looked at a version of the chip with a clock spee...
Until recently, only high-end workstations and servers could reap the benefits of having more than one CPU in the same machine. This was primarily due to the cost of the hardware (a motherboard with two CPU sockets). With dual-core technology, AMD ca...
The Coolpix 8800 combines powerful (8-megapixel) imaging resolution and a long (10X) optical zoom. An update of the Coolpix 8700 (which has an 8X zoom), the 8800 looks and operates much like its predecessor, with the same bulky, black body and a lens...
The Konica Minolta DiMage Z2 has a space-age look. It's big, round, silver body houses a 10X zoom lens and is attached to the large battery-compartment-cum-right-hand-grip by a short stalk. Unfortunately, the size of the handgrip and the placement of...
The Transcend Digital Album is a photo viewer, MP3 player and digital storage device which would serve a photographer on the move, but lacks some distinctive features.
Portable media players let you stow in your pocket favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos--a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer.
Compared to a previous generation of Caviar drives that we tested in January 2004, the current crop of Caviar drives have much-improved performance, lower heat emissions and practically silent performance.
Having been so impressed with Panasonic's DMR-ES30 combo DVD recorder and VHS player, we were looking forward to seeing what Panasonic could do with a hard disk in the box. Sadly, the answer is not much more than it does without one. Rather than take...
If you're looking for a generous support plan from your hard drive manufacturer, then you can't go past Seagate, which recently introduced five-year warranty plans. This shows a major leap of faith in their products, as not too long ago the same prod...
Samsung's SATA range of drives have mainstream capacities, starting at 80GB, and the model we tested was the SpinPoint SP1614C, which is a 160GB drive with an 8MB cache buffer, a 7200rpm spin speed and fluid dynamic bearings.
Toshiba's SD63HK home theatre kit offers just about everything you need to set up your own home cinema (except a screen). The small system was designed by KOI and features four satellite speakers, a centre speaker, subwoofer and DVD player.
Maxtor's DiamondMax 10 hard drives greatly impressed us with their superb performances and low noise emissions.
We have long been fans of Hitachi's Deskstar series of drives, because of their cool and quiet operation and also because of Hitachi's market-leading capacities. Indeed, Hitachi was the first vendor to introduce a 400GB desktop drive. Its current 400...
When you see a colour laser printer claiming a 20ppm (pages per minute) print speed, cynicism tends to kick in--because colour printing is notoriously slow. But the magicolor 5430DL can really knock out the sheets.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 2 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
- 5 LG 55-inch curved OLED (55EC930T) TV review: The future of OLED is bright
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW