Let's face it - external hard drives are not exactly the sexiest products out there. Amidst all the stylish phones, iPods and cameras, blocky and functional hard drives struggle to get a look in.
The camera market is as crowded as ever and with many digital SLR models drifting below the coveted $1000 price point, advanced point and shoots are struggling to remain competitive. Cameras like the Olympus E-500 only make this more difficult. Fal...
Recently we reviewed the Samsung i50, a camera that combined two of the most popular digital devices on the market - a camera and an MP3 player and in our opinion the amalgamation was less than successful. Today we're looking at Sony's latest conve...
Samsung's YH-J70 is a 20GB hard drive MP3 player with a few unique features that help distinguish it from the generic iPod copies we so often see. The YH-J70 includes line-in recording, a built in FM tuner, video/photo playback as well as 18 equalisa...
The popularity of broadband in the home has given webcams a new lease on life. Creative's Live! Motion WebCam takes a number of elegant features to help it appeal to the power user.
I don't know about you, but I have a heck of a time trying to keep my little brother out of my journal, that little scamp will do anything to discover my dark secrets, my obsession with hair ribbons, my love of pixie dust and my crush for that local ...
We were genuinely excited when we began unpacking the SC-PM71, as SD Card storage is rapidly growing and a device like this is the first of its kind. Our first impressions were positive - this sleek micro system looks fantastic and its wood grain spe...
The Sony Ericsson W550i is the second phone in the new Walkman range and is a replacement for the now defunct S800i, utilising the same swivel design seen on its predecessor.
The ASUS Extreme N7800 GT is quite similar to its more powerful sibling - the ASUS 7800 GTX TOP - with the most noticeable difference being the much smaller cooling fan.
Optima are an Australian company who has been known to produce some very respectable products in both the projector and desktop PC markets. Earlier this year, the local manufacturer ventured into the plasma market, and we have reviewed their latest 4...
Keeping a backup of your data is somewhat like having an insurance policy for your home - when something bad happens, you really wish you had it. The Maxtor OneTouch II 300GB is an external hard drive that is designed specifically for backing up your...
As the jungle gives way to a clearing, you step, eyes burning, into the sunlight. Bewildered by the vast valley below you, you barely notice the rustling in the bush behind you and spin around in time to catch a glimpse of something unimaginable. Fu...
It was with sadness that we slowly packaged up the <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212944;pid;1087;pt;1 target="new">Robosapien</a>, and sent it back off to WowWee. We tried to fill the void it left with cameras, computer...
The WowWee Real Driver is a capable remote control car that will provide hours of run with its "Drifting Action" and comes recommended if you are looking for a fairly basic car that will keep the kids happy.
The Nintendo DS is the much hyped new handheld console from Nintendo, and competitor to the Sony's PSP. Whilst Nintendo have stated the DS is not a Gameboy replacement, for all intents and purposes it is a more powerful handheld console, and thus wi...
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW