With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications a...
The HP Scanjet 5550c is made to order for small-office users who want to scan multiple-page documents. We don't see many small-office scanners that offer even an optional automatic document feeder, but the 5550c comes with one that can handle up to 3...
With the DCRDVD7E, Sony has approached DVD camcorder design from a completely new angle, taking an inspiration cue from digital still cameras, rather than digital video cameras.
The DCRDVD602E is reasonably light, at around 500 grams with battery and DVD disc, and measures 12.7 x 10 x 5cm--thin enough to carry around in a coat pocket.
Once, DVD-based video cameras were the poor cousin of tape-based cameras. That's not so anymore. In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD403 as had excellent overall quality, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighti...
In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD803 produced excellent results, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighting.
The Sony DCRDVD703E offers some truly useful features that help distinguish it from the other Sony models and its competitors. It handles as well as many MiniDV tape based camcorders.
When you pick up the diminutive DCRDVD653E, you realise that the disc itself is the main hindrance to the design. While most of the body is around 7.5cm high, the casing on the right-hand side of the body protrudes past the rest of the casing, due to...
While Navman has impressed us in the past with its GPS navigation products, the Navman iCN 635 doesn't live up to the same standard as many of its other products. It lacks an LCD touch screen, and internal battery and is housed inside a heavy and bul...
Motorola's striking A1000 offers a blend of connectivity and performance, but is let down by a short 3.5 hour battery life. This sleek grey-and-silver unit weighs 160g and measures a very reasonable 117 x 59 x 19mm. It runs on the Symbian 7.0 UIQ ope...
Olympus typically stick with a fairly traditional, conservative design for their digital cameras, so when we pulled the MJU Mini Digital from the box, we were pleasantly surprised to see a sleek, stylish camera with an innovative design that sets it ...
The Brother HL-2070N is essentially the same small-office laser as the Brother HL-2040, but with a built-in print server that makes it easy to share among a small group of co-workers. The usage load would have to be fairly light: the HL-2070N isn't d...
The Brother HL-2040 laser printer would fit comfortably in an office that's tight on space and on budget. Its footprint is slightly larger than that of similarly priced models, but it looks more like a scaled-down professional laser printer than a so...
While it has a high brightness rating of 300cd/m², the DV191B was not among the brightest monitors during our testing. Its contrast ratio of 700:1, which is among the highest in the round-up, did produce excellent black colouring in our office enviro...
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW