Home theatre projectors are big business and most consumer electronics manufacturers are capitalising on the research done for the business space by pushing DLP devices into the home entertainment market. The DLP-based projectors have a number of ben...
Optima's portable SVGA projector, the MyVision DDPD16SV00, is a business or home solution suitable for users looking for a bright and large image, without the price. Being one of the cheapest available projectors, the features of this projector are q...
Accompanied by the release of every new MP3 player are the endless comparisons with the market-leading Apple iPod. Since the original iPod was released, we've had numerous claims of other MP3 players being "iPod killers", but really, not a single pla...
Micro MP3 players may be tiny, but despite their size, manufacturers still know how to pack in the features. Samsung's YP-T7F is one of those amazingly small MP3 players which still manage to fit functions such as line-in recording, FM radio/recordin...
Creative have been the leaders in PC sound cards for many years and as such you would imagine they would know a thing or two about sound. Therefore when we unpacked the HM-700 noise cancelling headphones we were expecting quite a lot. Unfortunately,...
Creative have been the leaders in PC sound cards for many years and as such you would imagine they would know a thing or two about sound. Therefore when we unpacked the HM-700 noise canceling headphones we were expecting quite a lot. Unfortunately, ...
Logitech's MX610 is the desktop equivalent of the G5. It is billed as the world's first "smart mouse", attributed to the small microprocessor housed inside that is capable of relaying information in a two-way stream, instead of merely outputting dat...
SJPhone is a deceptively simple VoIP client that supports the two main industry standards for call control - Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and H.323. What this means is unlike the peer-to-peer based systems, SJPhone isn't limited to calls between...
Stepping up from the BenQ DW1620 Pro, BenQ is still trailblazing with the DW1640. This 8x DVD+R DL is setting the benchmark in double-layer burning, as is BenQ's $89 price tag. Across the board for all media this is a fast drive, only falling down a ...
The slim Canon CanoScan LiDE 60 weighs barely two kilos and measures less than two inches high, making it a good choice for those with limited desktop space. With the small plastic stand that's included, you can use or store the scanner in an upright...
Gizmo Project is a peer-to-peer system with support for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). SIP is a real time communication protocol for Voice over IP (VoIP). This is a great feature because it means that unlike <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.c...
If you are looking for fast dual-layer burning, then the buck stops with the ASUS DRW-1608P2S. It is the fastest double-layer and single-layer DVD burner we have had and it comes with support for every DVD and CD format.
With the debut of its new Perfection 4490 Photo, Epson has another winner on its hands. Although the 4490's price makes it expensive for a value model, it also provides powerful features ideal for photo enthusiasts and other advanced users to justify...
The Ultrasone iCans are a portable, sleek looking set of headphones that would complement any iPod, but we don't feel they represent great value for money.
Near the top of the range of Philips' wireless headphones, the SBC HC8585 are a fine set of analogue headphones, delivering decent audio and comfortable listening.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain review: Another 1980s sword-and-board adapted for the modern era
- Google's new Crowdsource app wants human help for better translations and Maps info
- Google quietly discontinues the Chromebook Pixel 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSnr Business Analyst - MulticloudVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTMobility Developers x 4 (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC