The aptly named Omnipage Professional 15 from ScanSoft allows users to scan both images and documents, edit them as text and export them as a different file type. The program is designed to be used in conjunction with a scanner, or you can simply wor...
Belkin are a company not known for their prowess in the computer peripheral market. That said, the products that we have had through the office so far have impressed us as a whole.
We recently had a look at, and were quite impressed with, the <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212607;pid;1518;pt;1 target="new">DT-720</a> standard definition set top box from Australian company Mediastar. The HDT-1100 is ...
Trend's 2006 PC-cillin Internet Security suite features a much-improved user interface compared with last year's version. The core bundle remains the same - antivirus, antispam and firewall - but you get some extra protection against phishing and spy...
You should have stopped referring to Yonah and Napa by now - Centrino Duo is the phrase of the moment. Intel announced at the recent CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas that the mobile processors and platform would not be known by their nick...
In Google's expanding empire there is no place on Earth left to hide. Not satisfied with tracking the world through its search engine, Google has now taken to the skies and even into space. Google Earth is one of the latest in Google's long line of a...
The Epson RX650 is another addition to Epson's line of multifunction photo printers. We were reasonably impressed with the package as a whole, offering great print quality, adequate speed and a nice bundle of features that really make this unit a gr...
Home Theatre projector prices have dropped quite dramatically in the last year and DLP projectors in particular have become very affordable. The Mitsubishi Electric HC3000 seems to fly in the face of this trend with a high price tag but considering ...
Last year we reviewed an interesting handset from French manufacturer Sagem, the <a href="http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212598;pid;1108;pt;1" target="new">VS2</a>. Running exclusively on the Vodafone Simply network, the <a href=...
When we first looked at a model in Sony's RDR-HX series we liked what we saw. Especially the intelligent chaptering feature - which can automatically skip ads in recorded TV - and the speedy, higher capacity dual-layer DVD format for recording to dis...
Gloriously clutter-free, Google Talk's beta gives you text and voice messaging, smooth integration with Gmail, rudimentary customisation options... and that's about it. To try Google Talk you need an account with Gmail - or Google Mail as we are now ...
Webcams are a popular product, as the ability to see a person live from the other side of the planet is something special. Anyware Computer Accessories has recognized that children make up an increasingly large proportion of webcam users and has deve...
We're rather wary about lesser known brands that make their way into the GoodGearGuide Test Centre. Even though you pay more for brand names, you can (usually) expect a fairly decent standard of quality and reliability from branded manufacturers, whe...
VoIP (voice over IP) is a neat way of making free or low-cost calls via your PC. It has finally come into its own, having been floating around for a handful of years waiting for both decent-speed broadband and us punters to catch on to its charms.
Lexmark's new X8350 is a solid entry into the all-in-one photo printing category. Offering extremely quick text printing, with average photo printing at an affordable price it will fit well into most people's home photography setups.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UK official wants police access to WhatsApp messages
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Google shuttering Talk, removing SMS support from Hangouts in new messaging shakeup
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack Software Engineer, C#, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerNSW