Once, DVD-based video cameras were the poor cousin of tape-based cameras. That's not so anymore. In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD403 as had excellent overall quality, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighti...
In our tests, the Sony DCRDVD803 produced excellent results, capturing strong, bright colours and smooth movement in both indoor and outdoor lighting.
The Sony DCRDVD703E offers some truly useful features that help distinguish it from the other Sony models and its competitors. It handles as well as many MiniDV tape based camcorders.
When you pick up the diminutive DCRDVD653E, you realise that the disc itself is the main hindrance to the design. While most of the body is around 7.5cm high, the casing on the right-hand side of the body protrudes past the rest of the casing, due to...
While Navman has impressed us in the past with its GPS navigation products, the Navman iCN 635 doesn't live up to the same standard as many of its other products. It lacks an LCD touch screen, and internal battery and is housed inside a heavy and bul...
Motorola's striking A1000 offers a blend of connectivity and performance, but is let down by a short 3.5 hour battery life. This sleek grey-and-silver unit weighs 160g and measures a very reasonable 117 x 59 x 19mm. It runs on the Symbian 7.0 UIQ ope...
Olympus typically stick with a fairly traditional, conservative design for their digital cameras, so when we pulled the MJU Mini Digital from the box, we were pleasantly surprised to see a sleek, stylish camera with an innovative design that sets it ...
The Brother HL-2070N is essentially the same small-office laser as the Brother HL-2040, but with a built-in print server that makes it easy to share among a small group of co-workers. The usage load would have to be fairly light: the HL-2070N isn't d...
The Brother HL-2040 laser printer would fit comfortably in an office that's tight on space and on budget. Its footprint is slightly larger than that of similarly priced models, but it looks more like a scaled-down professional laser printer than a so...
While it has a high brightness rating of 300cd/m², the DV191B was not among the brightest monitors during our testing. Its contrast ratio of 700:1, which is among the highest in the round-up, did produce excellent black colouring in our office enviro...
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games.
The panel in this screen is built using MVA technology, so the first thing we did upon turning it on was view it from sideways angles. We found that the colour became only slightly washed out as we wandered from left to right and looked down onto it,...
Acer's AL1912M panel is capable of displaying up to 16.7million colours. This means that it has the ability to reproduce a large colour gamut.
If you've read the very low price at the top of this review and thought to yourself "it just can't be any good if they're giving it away at that price", then we're here to tell you that this monitor is indeed one of the best bargain buys.
With physical adjustments including tilt, height, and swivel, ViewSonic's VP171b is comfortable to work with. Along with a pivoting screen--handy for scrutinizing full pages of letter-size text documents--the VP171b comes with Perfect Portrait, ViewS...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC