Companies such as Microsoft (with its MapPoint Location Server) are at the forefront of location-aware enterprise applications, using location data to build a customized data display or to give telemetry back to a datacenter or reporting system.
The 1GB Voxson MR-200 is the latest in an ever growing line of miniature multimedia devices incorporating audio, video, radio and voice recording. The most prominent feature of the unit is the tiny 0.96" OLED screen used for both menu navigation and ...
The Philips MMS430 2.1 desktop PC speakers pack a serious amount of punch and include a fantastic subwoofer capable of thumping bass levels.
Online gaming places a hefty load on your Internet connection and associated hardware. Online competitions can be won or lost in the blink of an eye, and a dropped packet at the wrong moment could mean all the difference between a resounding victory ...
The Centoris KN 5185 is a hefty notebook with a large (15.4in) screen, but there is nothing large about its price tag - the 5185 is a relatively inexpensive Centrino platform.
While most of us can only dream of owning a high-end digital SLR like the Canon EOS 1Ds Mk II, for professional photographers the high price tag is more than repaid in the extra power and reliability these cameras provide. While Canon owns the lion's...
It has been a long time coming, but digital television is just starting to take off in Australia. Most channels are broadcasting supplementary content in addition to their regular programming, with SBS and ABC leading the way. Many vendors are lookin...
Stereo One, manufactured by Swedish speaker specialist Audio Pro, is a compact, all-in-one hi-fi system aimed at bringing audiophile-quality sound within reach of most people,. And when we say 'all-in-one hi-fi', we mean just that. There's no DVD pla...
The JVC GZ-MG50 is one of a new breed of hard disk based digital camcorders. It was inevitable with the popularity of hard disk based mp3 players that someone would marry this technology with digital camcorders, and at the moment the only company to...
Modern multiplex cinemas may have killed some of the grandeur associated with the movie-going experience (where are the curtains, we ask?) but even the smallest, blandest box of a theatre maintains that most essential element of the cinema's magic --...
We've been hearing about how a paperless office will revolutionise the workplace for more than a decade now. Even with ever-increasing email usage, irrespective of what tech pundits may claim, the truly paperless office is still a long way away. Eps...
The diminutive Samsung Q30 is a road warrior's dream. The 1.2KG chassis packs enough features for the mobile worker, but eschews bells and whistles to save weight.
Who said 3G phones have to be big and clunky? Samsungs latest 3G offering, the SGH-Z500 is a compact flip phone that claims the title as the world's smallest 3G mobile. Sleek and stylish, much in the same mould as the E720 and E730, don't let the siz...
Big-zoom, image-stabilised cameras are a hot item. While previously we have looked at the Panasonic Lumix FZ5 and the Sony CyberShot H1, this time round it's Canon's latest, the PowerShot S2 IS.
Apple's AirPort Express with AirTunes is designed to share an incoming broadband connection between up to ten computers wirelessly, while at the same time allowing users to play back music through speakers connected to the unit.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW