For most people, listening to different pairs of headphones and swapping them in and out for comparative purposes would rapidly degenerate into boredom and just result in a case of "they all sound the same!". Fortunately, for freaks like us this is ...
Microsoft's Office suite included numerous tools for generating visual information, including the drawing tools in Word, the charting options in Excel and the numerous layout settings in PowerPoint. However, those options aren't suitable for creating...
Belkin's TuneCast II is another in the wide range of FM Transmitters hitting the market. Its main advantage is that it works with any MP3 player, (thanks to a standard headphone jack input) but is let down by a bland and dull design combined with pre...
When we first get a product at the GoodGearGuide, we inevitably try to set it up without having to refer to the manuals. This is both to test how easy the set up will be for the average consumer, and also to boost our insufferably large egos as we co...
We've seen a few notebooks geared towards home entertainment over the past few months but none so fully featured as the Aspire 9504WSMi from Acer. Okay, it may not have the fastest processor or the best graphics card, but it does have a hybrid TV...
No doubt you have heard of DLP, LCD and Plasma, but there is a dark horse in the industry capable of so much more but seldom used due to its low yield rates and manufacture cost. LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) is a hybrid of DLP and LCD technology...
The biggest issue for both current Mac users and those who are considering "turning to the dark side" is the lack of viable and compatible software for the Mac OS X operating system. While most understand that Mac OS X provides a more stable and secu...
Digital video cameras are a great way to store precious memories for the future. The latest DVD cameras make recording incredibly simple with better quality than ever before. DVD cameras can cost a fair amount of money though, so a good budget option...
The LeadTek My DigiBank is a small 1.5GB external hard drive with a USB2.0 connection,that is designed for storing personal data.
If you've looked over our previous Canon camera reviews such as that of the much lauded <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212589;pid;782;pt;1 target="new">Powershot A620</a> you'll see their products tend to impress us. So ...
Jabra traditionally make Bluetooth headsets, so were intrigued when we heard about the SP500 - essentially a Bluetooth speakerphone for your mobile - and expecting big things.
PCs are complicated animals, mysterious and daunting to inexperienced users. TuneUp Utilities 2006 aims to take the hassle out of maintaining a healthy system. It does so with some panache.
Whilst the idea of cramming something down your ear canal may not instantly bring to mind notions of Hi-Fi bliss, there is a whole world of in-ear headphones out there that provide incredible sound quality in a tiny form factor. Whilst many people w...
Home video cameras used to almost be as big as buses. It's easy to forget this, and worth bearing in mind. Our first reaction when picking up Panasonic's VDR-D300 was that it was quite heavy. Of course, compared to cameras produced even a few years a...
Coming in at the premium end of price spectrum, the Shure E5cs have a lot of expectations to live up to. For a price that rivals the economy of New Zealand, users are expecting something special, and whilst the sound quality is most definitely exqui...
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD