NVIDIA's latest brainchild, the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB, is somewhat akin to a cage fighter named Percival or Gertrude. An odd analogy to be sure, but the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB is quickly becoming the epitome of poor naming conventions among the enth...
It may not bump your salary up to 50 million dollars a year or land you a spice girl bride, but nonetheless Motorola's new iteration of the RAZR2 V8, the V8 Luxury edition (or V8 LUX for short) is a great mobile phone. Advertised with none other than...
It's slim, stylish, sexy and sleek, it's a Samsung. The company has created a brilliant, thin and intuitive multimedia player with a full 3-inch touch screen interface with Bluetooth capability.
The Pocket Surfer 2 is a perfect example of a great idea that is poorly implemented. Operating via GPRS it provides an extremely cheap option to keep yourself connected to the Internet on the road, but suffers from numerous technical and design probl...
The proliferation of video-sharing Web sites has caused a steady stream of dedicated peripherals to enter the marketplace; each jostling for a prime position on the YouTube gravy train. First and foremost amongst these is the Web-share cam, which com...
The beta version of the Mozilla Firefox 3.0 Web browser is out now for you to try. Although more of an incremental upgrade than a revolution, Firefox 3.0 enjoys better security and bookmark management.
MSI's TurboBook GX600 notebook injects a touch of nitro into notebook performance. This piano black offering includes all the usual perks, plus it offers a few extras, such as an HDMI port, an e-SATA port and last but not least, a turbo button.
\With the multitude of convergent devices available these days it's difficult for companies to come up with any original features to differentiate their product (where are you breakfast maker?). However with the i85 digital camera Samsung has done ju...
Inexpensive and fully-featured, HP's Compaq Presario C710TU is suitable for basic tasks such as Web surfing and office document creation. It's based on an Intel Celeron M 530 CPU, has integrated Intel 965 Express graphics and runs on 512MB of RAM.
More than a stay-at-home ADSL router, Billion's 7300GX can be liberated from the confines of a home or office environment thanks to its support for 3G technology, which allows it to be taken on the road, and can be used to turn your car into a mobile...
Let's forget, if only for the briefest of moments, that the Thermaltake SwordM offers pre-installed water cooling and opens up on hydraulic pistons like some kind of enraged scarab beetle, and let's focus instead on its ease of use. Seriously though,...
Appliances for sharing data over a local area network don't get much more comprehensive than the QNAP TS-209Pro Turbo Station, which offers two easily accessible Serial ATA hard drive bays for storage, and one gigabit Ethernet port for connectivity. ...
The Samsung's PS-50P91FD is a 50-inch 1080p plasma display panel. Its high-definition performance is excellent, although some minor issues with gaming and standard definition hold it back from perfection. Nevertheless, it comes at a great price and i...
Ever stayed up at night wondering how you can fill those tiny 1-lane PCI Express (PCIe) slots on your motherboard? Well, if you're after a digital TV tuner, you'll be in for a good night's rest tonight as Compro's E650 fits the bill. It's one of the ...
The Galaxy GeForce 9800 GTX+ is a mid-range graphics card with an HDMI-output. It delivers a solid performance but fails to trump its ATI equivalent in terms of value or power.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther