In an age where your phone is also your computer...as well as your GPS, and your MP3 player and hopefully soon your all-in-one breakfast maker, you could be forgiven for thinking that the lowly PDA has had its time. However, there is still a small gr...
Acer's tiny Veriton L460 business PC is one of the best options for businesses with cramped working environments, or those looking for a PC with lower power consumption and will run quietly, too.
Of ATI's new HD3000 series cards the HD3850 is the low-end, competing with NVIDIA's 8800 GTS 320MB cards. It may not be the most potent performer available, and certainly isn't the best choice if you want to see games like Crysis running at full capa...
The KP202 is an ultra-budget offering from LG aimed at children, skint shoppers and technology-fearing Luddites who demand their mobile phone looks and behaves like one. As such, there are no fancy features to write home about such as an MP3 player o...
Microsoft's Mobile Memory Mouse 8000 is a useful little wireless gadget to take with you on those long business trips where countless hours need to be spent working on a notebook. Indeed, nothing's more uncomfortable than having to use a Trackpad or ...
The Phenom won't turn heads with its performance, but this 9900 model is a top upgrade option for users who already have AM2 socket-based AMD systems -- or is it? More on that later. It'll boost productivity and 3D rendering performance noticeably ov...
Trend Micro's latest security and antivirus release, Internet Security Pro 2008, offers a clean interface that's simple to navigate and fairly straightforward to set up. As far as protection goes, there's a broad range of coverage, but you're not goi...
In years gone by, Australian overseas travellers typically employed two 'skills' when attempting to converse with the native population. The first and most popular method involved making wild gesticulations while talking like a lobotomised zombie ("d...
While the megapixels continue to climb on digital still cameras, one area we haven't seen much movement is the video recording capabilities of these units. That is set to change with the Kodak EasyShare V1253, which boasts high-definition video recor...
The GZ-HD3 is a relatively affordable entry into the high-definition HDD camcorder market. With an RRP of just $1849, it is certainly a lot cheaper than JVC's previous HD effort, the Everio GZ-HD7, yet ironically, its cost-cutting methods come at a h...
The just-released Windows Vista SP1 Release Candidate (RC), like the previous beta, does more to improve the internal plumbing of Windows Vista than it does to make any major changes to the interface.
Point releases in 3D packages generally don't deliver the biggest new feature sets, but the big news with this update is that Softimage has restructured its offerings as well as changing the price.
Gigabyte's GeForce 8800 GT is the latest card we've tested of NVIDIA's top value mid-range series 8, DirectX 10 graphics card. It gets a little old saying this, but Gigabyte has once again tampered with the board for the benefit of the final product....
Microsoft's new Expression Studio suite (available online for about $1144 or $670 to upgrade from any of the Expression components to the full Studio) brings together four programs that stake out some new territories for Microsoft and strengthen the ...
Welcome to your next videogame high. This is not hyperbole, believe us; you will touch the stylus to the screen and not be able to put it away. You'll play on the bus or train despite the bumping and jostling; you will play on your lunch break and fo...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW