We were all pretty shocked when Rockstar, the controversial creators of GTA and Manhunt, released the shockingly mild mannered -- yet decent -- Table Tennis on the Xbox 360 a while back. But there's nothing shocking about their decision to port the g...
Lenovo's A61e is not only the smallest form factor we've seen from the ThinkCentre range, but it's also the greenest product available from Lenovo. Built on AMD's 45Watt Athlon 64 X2 BE 2350 CPU, the Lenovo A61e is designed for low power and noise. A...
Version 8.5 of Portfolio -- the application that catalogues creative digital assets so they can be easily organised, archived and published -- offers few new tools to attract new users, but plenty that will endear it further to existing users.
Nokia's signature smartphone-cum-portable computer series has been well renowned and much anticipated for quite some time. Although size and weight is again an issue, the E90 Communicator is an enticing handset.
Western Digital's Caviar GP (Green Power) drive is a cut above the competition as far as power consumption is concerned. It takes advantage of an improved seek method for data, as well as a constant spin speed (which is not specified by Western Digit...
Seagate's Barracuda 7200.11 is the company's second generation perpendicular recording-based drive and it's the first to reach a capacity of 1TB. The 7200.11 uses a four-platter, eight-head design for its 1TB capacity, with each platter holding 250GB...
The ominous blue board on any Gigabyte product is a sure sign that Gigabyte has taken the standard reference and added its own tweaks. In the case of this Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT TurboForce Ultra edition, Gigabyte has opted to add its own fancy heat...
Sony's Bravia W series is their entry-level line of televisions. They may not come with all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models, such as motion flow technology or the clear glass bezel, but all the processing power of the Bravia Engin...
Having the Kaiser Baas 15in Digital Photo Frame lying round the house is almost like having a spare TV. Not only will it display digital photos, it will also play video files, including MPEG, MPEG-4, AVI and DivX formats.
With its thick chunky styling, the Philips Streamium WACS7000 may look rather over the top, but if you want music streaming from every room (well, two at any rate), this is a nicely worked (if not inexpensive) solution.
Hard disk-based camcorders are swiftly overtaking MiniDV and DVD as the consumer's format of choice. Their convenience and ease-of-use has seen everyone from mums and dads to budding professionals jumping on the HDD bandwagon with nary a look back. B...
We dread new Silent Hill games as much as we look forward to them. Since its inception on the PlayStation, the series has successfully out-creeped even the most stoic survival-horror fan. So imagine our delight and horror when we were handed Origins,...
After a weak showing at the past E3, many people were left to wonder if Assassin's Creed could live up to the developers' ambition and the media hype. The demo put on by producer Jade Raymond felt stilted and awkward and the game's premise didn't tra...
JVC is something of a pioneer when it comes to hard disk-based camcorders, with nearly a two-year head start on the majority of its competitors. While other manufacturers were sitting idly on the fence, the Nippon veteran aggressively pushed forward ...
Boris Blue is aimed at artists creating high-end motion graphics. It has strong competition from recently released new versions of Adobe's After Effects, Apple's Motion and Eyeon's brand-new Vision -- but Blue has a few unique tricks that are of grea...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC