With Version 7.5, the tried-and-true attack toolkit becomes easier to use, leverages the fallibility of users to gain access to host systems, and adds security checks for Web-based databases.
The Open Handset Alliance's Android SDK for creating mobile applications throws a few semantic curves at Java developers, but for the most part, they will feel at home; just be prepared for some rough terrain, and be sure to bring plenty of hardware
Named after a Japanese sword, the "Kodachi", Lenovo's new ThinkPad X300 is indeed both slim and sharp, and offers some of the latest in notebook technology with one of the smallest chassis available on the market. It's not fair to call it a competito...
The just-released beta 4 version of Firefox 3.0 shows a browser short on flash and long on important, useful improvements that make browsing the Web easier, faster, safer, and simpler to customise
Offering reasonable sound quality, a comfortable design and easy to grasp controls, Nokia's latest Bluetooth headphones, the BH-503, certainly pack quite a punch. Their ability to also handle mobile calls makes them a tidy option.
Reference grade audio is a rare exception in the home entertainment space. When you're looking at buying a TV, there is only so much you can really spend. If you have a whole wad of cash burning a hole in your bank account you can spend five figures ...
When the original Crystal Chronicles debuted on the Gamecube, it raised a few eyebrows as it eschewed much of the famous Final Fantasy formula.
Forget about the iPod Nano, the best small media player is Creative's Zen. And now that it's available in a 2GB version, it's more affordable than ever. Not only is it a flash-based media player, it also has an FM tuner and a built-in microphone - fu...
Offering fully fledged turn-by-turn navigation, a photo viewer, video and music player and handsfree Bluetooth connectivity, the ASUS R600 is a well specified GPS system. It's not the most compact unit on the market, but its features and ease of use ...
Although Lenovo is traditionally synonymous with business platforms, its new Y510-300 IdeaPad represents a bold step towards consumer notebooks. With a stylish body a world away from the clunky utilitarianism of Lenovo's usual business models, this u...
It's easy to see where the "Tycoon" part of Zoo Tycoon 2 comes in-- babies. More and more babies...to sell on the black market...just kidding
Lenovo may have sat on high as one of the leading business PC manufacturers for some time now, but the itch growing in the consumer market has finally drawn a scratch, giving birth to Lenovo's new consumer range of desktop PC, the IdeaCentre. Our fir...
Sanyo's DMP-P6 clock radio offers all the features you'd expect from a simple radio alarm clock, as well as the ability to connect an iPod for charging and music playback. Unfortunately, music browsing using the inbuilt buttons is not possible, and t...
With Blu-ray secure in its place as the king of next-generation media, the high-definition landscape has settled a little. People are now free to go and upgrade their setups without the worry of whether their choices will become obsolete next month o...
Sitting towards the top of the compact camera spectrum is Panasonic's new Lumix DMC-FX36. With its 10-megapixel sensor it captures some stellar pictures and packs in the usual array of Panasonic features including automatic ISO and automatic exposure...
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD