It seems that AMD was on the right track (at least as far as Intel is concerned) when it released its 4x4 platform (a.k.a Quad FX), which is a motherboard with two CPU sockets and four graphics card slots. At the time, it was AMD's solution for quad-...
In the last six to 12 months the entry-level camera market has really been heating up. Cameras are finally at a point where you can get a high resolution sensor (7 megapixels or greater) and a good array of features for under $300, so even those user...
The camcorder buyer is a somewhat fickle creature. A couple of years ago, everyone and their dog fell crazy-in-love with DVD cameras, a format that shone as brightly - and briefly - as a shooting star. Nowadays, it's all about flash memory and hard d...
Jabra's BT5020 bundle is a dual-solution that connects both corded desk phones and Bluetooth mobile phones to a single Bluetooth headset. Aimed at professionals who spend plenty of time outside the office, the benefit of this converged technology mea...
ReadyNAS is a comprehensive storage appliance that's suitable for serious home users and small businesses. It has an easy to use interface, with a very helpful wizard to get you started, and it can be populated with up to four Serial ATA hard drives ...
With Version 7.5, the tried-and-true attack toolkit becomes easier to use, leverages the fallibility of users to gain access to host systems, and adds security checks for Web-based databases.
The Open Handset Alliance's Android SDK for creating mobile applications throws a few semantic curves at Java developers, but for the most part, they will feel at home; just be prepared for some rough terrain, and be sure to bring plenty of hardware
Named after a Japanese sword, the "Kodachi", Lenovo's new ThinkPad X300 is indeed both slim and sharp, and offers some of the latest in notebook technology with one of the smallest chassis available on the market. It's not fair to call it a competito...
The just-released beta 4 version of Firefox 3.0 shows a browser short on flash and long on important, useful improvements that make browsing the Web easier, faster, safer, and simpler to customise
Offering reasonable sound quality, a comfortable design and easy to grasp controls, Nokia's latest Bluetooth headphones, the BH-503, certainly pack quite a punch. Their ability to also handle mobile calls makes them a tidy option.
Reference grade audio is a rare exception in the home entertainment space. When you're looking at buying a TV, there is only so much you can really spend. If you have a whole wad of cash burning a hole in your bank account you can spend five figures ...
When the original Crystal Chronicles debuted on the Gamecube, it raised a few eyebrows as it eschewed much of the famous Final Fantasy formula.
Forget about the iPod Nano, the best small media player is Creative's Zen. And now that it's available in a 2GB version, it's more affordable than ever. Not only is it a flash-based media player, it also has an FM tuner and a built-in microphone - fu...
Offering fully fledged turn-by-turn navigation, a photo viewer, video and music player and handsfree Bluetooth connectivity, the ASUS R600 is a well specified GPS system. It's not the most compact unit on the market, but its features and ease of use ...
Although Lenovo is traditionally synonymous with business platforms, its new Y510-300 IdeaPad represents a bold step towards consumer notebooks. With a stylish body a world away from the clunky utilitarianism of Lenovo's usual business models, this u...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager (Business Applications)NSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTProgram Manager-SAP Transition, SAP FICO ImplementationNSW
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT