First, let's clear any doubt about it; the new GeForce EN9800GX2, as you may have suspected, is essentially two G92 GPUs (similar to what can be found on the 8800GTS 512MB cards) sandwiched together in a move that reflects AMD's HD3870X2 release earl...
A new addition to Nokia's popular N-Series range, the N82 introduces a Xenon flash alongside its 5-megapixel Carl Zeiss camera. The HSDPA-capable N82 has a similar feature set to the flagship N95 8GB featuring Wi-Fi, a built-in GPS receiver, a standa...
The Samsung SCX-4500 is a good overall performer, offering the benefits of high-quality monochrome laser prints and colour scans without putting a dent in your budget.
LiquidPlanner is a web-based project-management tool that emphasises the fluidity you often need in the real world
Australia's first commercially available HSUPA smart phone, the i-mate Ultimate 9502 offers a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, a 2.8in VGA touch screen and built-in GPS.
A Bluetooth headset featuring a detachable earpiece cable, the Plantronics Voyager 855 is a dual function device capable of making and receiving phone calls and streaming stereo Bluetooth audio.
It's funny that Acer has decided to release this desktop replacement notebook with the TravelMate name, because, unless you're Yao Ming's size, this thing is far from a 'mate' when you travel. In fact, at 3.8kg (without its power supply, and 4.3kg), ...
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was, without a doubt, one of the best "old school" real-time strategy games to be released in years.
Sitting towards the middle of the company's new compact range, Nikon's S520 is a solid if slightly uninspiring camera. Its 8-megapixel sensor captures reasonably good quality images that will satisfy happy-snap users and while it does have a few nice...
A stylish flip handset on a budget, Vodafone's 411 is a prepaid mobile with a solid features list. An external display showing caller ID, Bluetooth and a microSD card slot for extra storage make it a reasonable choice for a very competitive price.
Creative's HQ-1900 portable headphones offer yet another option for anyone looking for a budget model. With tough opposition from rival companies, Creative has managed to make headphones with acceptable sound quality aimed at a casual listener. They'...
Manufactured by Sagem, but packaged and sold as a Vodafone branded handset, the 226 is one of the cheapest mobile phones on the market. As such, it overlooks plenty of features including Bluetooth, a camera, MP3 capabilities and a storage card slot. ...
Noise-cancelling headphones prevent the roar of jet engines (or PC fans) from marring your listening experience. Creative has now added X-Fi sound card technology to the $300 Aurvana X-Fi noise-cancelling headphones. X-Fi technology promises to resto...
Do you work in an environment that relies on PDF documents as much as it does on Microsoft Office? If so, you may find it becoming difficult to manage all those file formats. That's when you need to invest in a PDF conversion tool.
Iolo System Mechanic backs up, repairs, and compacts the Windows Registry; protects against spyware; optimises startup files and system memory; and tweaks Internet connection settings.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT