It's funny that Acer has decided to release this desktop replacement notebook with the TravelMate name, because, unless you're Yao Ming's size, this thing is far from a 'mate' when you travel. In fact, at 3.8kg (without its power supply, and 4.3kg), ...
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was, without a doubt, one of the best "old school" real-time strategy games to be released in years.
Sitting towards the middle of the company's new compact range, Nikon's S520 is a solid if slightly uninspiring camera. Its 8-megapixel sensor captures reasonably good quality images that will satisfy happy-snap users and while it does have a few nice...
A stylish flip handset on a budget, Vodafone's 411 is a prepaid mobile with a solid features list. An external display showing caller ID, Bluetooth and a microSD card slot for extra storage make it a reasonable choice for a very competitive price.
Creative's HQ-1900 portable headphones offer yet another option for anyone looking for a budget model. With tough opposition from rival companies, Creative has managed to make headphones with acceptable sound quality aimed at a casual listener. They'...
Manufactured by Sagem, but packaged and sold as a Vodafone branded handset, the 226 is one of the cheapest mobile phones on the market. As such, it overlooks plenty of features including Bluetooth, a camera, MP3 capabilities and a storage card slot. ...
Noise-cancelling headphones prevent the roar of jet engines (or PC fans) from marring your listening experience. Creative has now added X-Fi sound card technology to the $300 Aurvana X-Fi noise-cancelling headphones. X-Fi technology promises to resto...
Do you work in an environment that relies on PDF documents as much as it does on Microsoft Office? If so, you may find it becoming difficult to manage all those file formats. That's when you need to invest in a PDF conversion tool.
Iolo System Mechanic backs up, repairs, and compacts the Windows Registry; protects against spyware; optimises startup files and system memory; and tweaks Internet connection settings.
The DCR-SR220 is the headlining star of Sony's standard-definition handycam line-up. In other words, it's a big fish in an increasingly small pond. With high-definition video beginning to dominate the consumer market, some of you may well wonder how ...
The third instalment in the FIFA Street is an interesting take on the world's most popular sport.
It's hard to look past the stark ugliness of the NEC ShieldPRO ruggedised tablet/notebook PC, but give it a break; it's not designed to be pretty. In fact, it's designed for quite the opposite. If ever there was a notebook to let the boys take down i...
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa
An entry level handset aimed at pre-paid consumers, Sony Ericsson's Z320i is an ideal phone for the first time buyer, or those who need a second mobile to do the basics. Its compact flip design, combined with a standard list of features makes it a de...
The MOTORAZR2 V8 Luxury Edition without the...erm...Luxury, is a solid, but not outstanding handset. It will no doubt attract fans of the original RAZR, but with no real deal-clenching features to boast of, it won't be at the top of anyone's wish lis...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD