Let's get this out of the way first: AMD's Phenom micro-architecture isn't going to produce results as fast as Intel's Core 2 micro-architecture, especially not against Intel's 45nm-based chips, but it sure as heck is competitive against Intel's 65nm...
Take a moment to pity poor Unreal Tournament 3: the game finally sees the light of day after experiencing several delays and a name change only to find that it has to compete with recently released titles like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Quake Wars and T...
Designed for the home user, the Lexmark X4850 is a photo printer, copier and scanner all-in-one with a subtle enhancement -- it has wireless capabilities.
The multifunctional Lexmark X6570 is aimed at home and small offices, with impressive fax features at its heart.
Beowulf: The Game is a bloody hack n' slash adventure based on both the Old English epic poem of the same name and the recently-released Robert Zemeckis-helmed movie.
With GPS becoming more and more popular, the push for navigation continues to gather pace. If your mobile phone or PDA doesn't have a built in GPS receiver, then Nokia's LD-4W -- a simple, but practical Bluetooth GPS receiver -- can turn it into a fu...
Claiming to be the worlds fastest phone thanks to 7.2Mbps HSDPA-capabilities, the Samsung A811 is almost identical in design to the A801. It retains most of the same features apart from network speeds, including a 3-megapixel camera with autofocus, a...
A mid-range handset built specifically for use on Telstra's Next G network, the Samsung A551 is a solid, but not outstanding phone.
After starring in countless stories, comic books and a few movies, everyone's favorite Cimmerian (we cannot believe that spell check recognises Cimmerian) finally gets a video game worthy of his barbaric stature.
Although it hasn't managed to topple video-editing incumbents such as Adobe Premiere Pro just yet, Sony's Vegas is developing nicely. Version 8 doesn't look that different to the previous iteration when first loaded, now officially compatible with Wi...
The video game peripheral has come a long way since the Nintendo PowerGlove. What was once derided as a tacky 'noobs only' gimmick has somehow morphed into the fastest growing trend in the industry. From SingStar's karoke microphone to Guitar Hero's ...
Red and black are back. The Lenovo ThinkCentre M57 (6072-ADM) uses Lenovo's standard form factor chassis, unlike the small form factor ThinkCentre A61e we reviewed recently, and dons the tried and tested black and red colour scheme. It isn't a great ...
There's no shortage of gloss on this monitor. Its screen, bezel and base are all glossy and, as such, very prone to light reflections. That isn't a good thing for a monitor, where reflections can make it hard to view text and images, but this monitor...
The bar for games based on the Simpsons is pretty low, so it might not be a huge deal to state that this is the best Simpsons game ever. While there are some major problems with controls and a very finicky camera, the Simpsons game is a lot of fun. ...
While AMD's latest CPUs aren't likely to win back many enthusiast users on its own, the motherboard vendors are doing everything in their power to entice power users back to the AMD platform, which was once a performance champion. In fact, Gigabyte's...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW