The headphone market has recently been jumped upon by a slue of vendors eager to capitalise on the iPod-generation's new-found love of portable audio. Creative is one such manufacturer, bringing to market an impressive line-up of headphones to comple...
Dynalink's ADSL modem/router means business. And you quickly get a sense of that when you pull it out of the box. Unlike many of today's modems and routers, this one is large, plain, and solidly constructed. It doesn't rely on pretty-boy looks to get...
Nokia's latest handset in the 8800 premium series offers a reasonable features list in a stylish design, but this is only for the most demanding fashionista. The 8800 Sapphire Arte features a genuine sapphire gemstone as its navigational key and soft...
The DCR-SR85 is yet another addition to Sony's exhaustive HDD handycam range. Its main features include a 60GB hard drive, a 25x optical zoom and a memory stick slot for additional hybrid recording. Falling into the upper echelon of standard-definiti...
Photoshop Express is a scaled-down, Web-based version of Adobe Photoshop that won't cost you a penny
The beta of the next version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system has arrived
Nokia's premium 8800 series offers a reasonable list of features in a stylish, metal and glass design. The chic 8800 Arte is almost identical to the Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte, minus the leather front and rear casing and the sapphire gem stone.
The BenQ R43-PV03 has a lot going for it: it's inexpensive, ships with a dual-core CPU, and sports a good-looking 14.1in screen. At 2.3kg, it's also easy to carry, and a decent choice for anyone who wants a machine for school, work or home use.
With a strong focus on family use, entertainment and media management, the HP Pavilion M9190a is a good choice for homes with plenty of digital media. The combination of its Blu-ray/HD-DVD player with LightScribe DVD functionality, 15-in-1 media card...
Targeting travel enthusiasts and those after a bit more zoom in their life, Panasonic's latest TZ series model, the TZ11, doesn't offer up too many surprises. However that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The intelligent automatic modes have been given...
The Toshiba Tecra A9 (TS52A-OCU03F) is a no-frills notebook built with the business user in mind. Although the unit's design isn't innovative, eye-catching or easily portable, it's very functional and easy to work with.
At the Siggraph 3D trade show last year, two researchers showed off a technique called 'seam carving', for resizing images to different aspect ratios while maintaining the proportions of core elements.
At the end of last year, we reviewed BenQ's Joybook S32 (BV13), an all-purpose notebook that offered an adequate performance across the board. It neither wowed nor disappointed us during the testing process, but remained a reasonably balanced compute...
Amongst its notebook peers, this 3.5kg Versa is an impressive physical specimen that has plenty of substance, too. The big 17in screen, the full-sized keyboard and a wide gamut of connections are just the start, for, on the inside, this desktop repla...
This player's vibrant screen and superior sound are offset by a somewhat high price and quirky menus.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge DatacentreVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW