Trend Micro's latest security and antivirus release, Internet Security Pro 2008, offers a clean interface that's simple to navigate and fairly straightforward to set up. As far as protection goes, there's a broad range of coverage, but you're not goi...
In years gone by, Australian overseas travellers typically employed two 'skills' when attempting to converse with the native population. The first and most popular method involved making wild gesticulations while talking like a lobotomised zombie ("d...
While the megapixels continue to climb on digital still cameras, one area we haven't seen much movement is the video recording capabilities of these units. That is set to change with the Kodak EasyShare V1253, which boasts high-definition video recor...
The GZ-HD3 is a relatively affordable entry into the high-definition HDD camcorder market. With an RRP of just $1849, it is certainly a lot cheaper than JVC's previous HD effort, the Everio GZ-HD7, yet ironically, its cost-cutting methods come at a h...
The just-released Windows Vista SP1 Release Candidate (RC), like the previous beta, does more to improve the internal plumbing of Windows Vista than it does to make any major changes to the interface.
Point releases in 3D packages generally don't deliver the biggest new feature sets, but the big news with this update is that Softimage has restructured its offerings as well as changing the price.
Gigabyte's GeForce 8800 GT is the latest card we've tested of NVIDIA's top value mid-range series 8, DirectX 10 graphics card. It gets a little old saying this, but Gigabyte has once again tampered with the board for the benefit of the final product....
Microsoft's new Expression Studio suite (available online for about $1144 or $670 to upgrade from any of the Expression components to the full Studio) brings together four programs that stake out some new territories for Microsoft and strengthen the ...
Welcome to your next videogame high. This is not hyperbole, believe us; you will touch the stylus to the screen and not be able to put it away. You'll play on the bus or train despite the bumping and jostling; you will play on your lunch break and fo...
Not being a regular worshipper at the temple of Ultima Online's Richard Garriott, we sat down with our own set of reservations as we began to play Tabula Rasa. We weren't really in the mood to be summoned from up high into a sci-fi environment to do ...
The Toshiba Satellite X200 (PSPBUA-00N007) is the second of Toshiba's high-end gaming notebooks we've looked at and we like its style. It's Toshiba's answer to the Dell XPS range, such as the Dell XPS M1730, or the ASUS G series, such as the ASUS G2...
In the age where your mobile phone is also your camera, your MP3 player, your portable storage device and hopefully soon an all-in-one breakfast maker, it is refreshing to see that some phone accessories are still keeping it simple. Energizer's Energ...
Sapphire is the most prestigious -- and priciest -- collection of visual-effects plug-ins for compositing applications and suites. Version 2 has been available for Shake since June 2006 -- and the edition for Autodesk systems such as Flame is version...
The Sony Bravia KDL-52X3100 is the 52 inch model in Sony's X series Bravia LCD displays - second only to the XBR series. A 1080p panel, the X3100 is a high quality display, perfectly suited to high definition playback. It does suffer slightly from so...
3DS Max 2008 is the 10th full release of the venerable Autodesk suite, supporting Windows Vista and XP in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. There's an integrated driver for DirectX 10, optimised selection and transform performance, improved DWG suppor...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia