Once upon a time if you were after a digital SLR your decision was relatively simple. There were a handful of models, usually two or three, from a select few companies, and probably only one or two of them were in your price range. These days, howeve...
With this high-end graphics card, you'll be seeing double. Not only does it have two ATI Radeon HD 3870 graphics processing units (GPUs) onboard, it also has four DVI ports -- twice the amount of a typical cards. This means you can attach up to four ...
CrazyTalk5 Pro is the latest and arguably greatest version of Reallusion's quirky 'face puppet' animation studio. If you've never heard of CrazyTalk before, it basically lets you create a talking three-dimensional avatar from any photo or image (BMP ...
Telstra's latest Next G handset offers a 2-megapixel camera, a TransFlash card slot and a fully fledged media player. Although its design is far from outstanding, it should still appeal to those looking at a reasonably priced option to accessing Next...
Despite its poorly chosen name (more on that later), the MSI GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB is a very nice card that will suit gamers looking for an affordable interim card with some punch. On this iteration of the 8800 GTS 512MB, the NX8800GTS-T2D512E-OC, M...
Sharp's BDHP20X is a mid-range Blu-ray player, delivering a reasonable array of functionality, along with a nifty feature or two. Lacking support for a few of the higher-end audio codecs, the BDHP20X nevertheless delivers fully-fledged video performa...
It's amazing how good even the most entry-level digital cameras can be these days. Occupying the lowest price point on Canon's latest line-up of compact models, the PowerShot A470 nonetheless offers great value for money. Its pictures, while not the ...
Midway through last year, we reviewed Sanyo's Xacti VPC-CA6; a water-resistant flash memory-based camcorder that seemed to be tailor-made for the encroaching holidays. While it performed adequately for a standard-definition camera, the image quality ...
For speed, reliability and low cost of ownership, it's hard to beat a monochrome laser printer. OKI's most recent, the B6500N, is for all types of office environments, from an accountants' small office to a mid-size workgroup. And for $1754, while it...
Microsoft's long-awaited Windows Server 2008 delivers advancements in speed, security and management, but its virtualisation and network-access control features come up short.
Logitech's Z-Cinema Advanced Surround System is a set of 2.1 PC speakers with SRS TruSurround HD technology, which simulates a 5.1 surround sound environment. Although we found the speakers themselves to generally be of quite high quality, the includ...
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), just out from Microsoft as Release Candidate 2 (RC2), may not necessarily be worth the download now, but when it's finally released, it'll be worth the effort.
Creative's latest MuVo, the T200, packs 4GB of flash memory into a USB stick-sized MP3 player that's perfect for listening while commuting. It has basic controls, a tiny screen and can also tune into FM radio as well as record sounds through its buil...
Steering away from tradition, Acer's latest Ferrari, the limited edition (just 99 models in Australia) Ferrari 1100, doesn't sport the bulkier 15in screen and heavy chassis of the previous iterations. Instead it opts for portability in this new 12.1i...
Pioneer's VSX-LX60 is their new, high-end AV receiver, designed primarily to take advantage of the new age of high definition. Sporting HDMI 1.3, 1080p upscaling, and full support for the new high definition audio formats, the LX60 is supremely 'futu...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tesla cars to have full self-driving gear, but feature disabled for now
- We compared the speakers of a Pixel XL and an iPhone 7
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Apple's MacBook Pro 15 is basically a fossil at this point and here's the proof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC