Another in the long line of alarm-clock-cum-iPod-docks, Cygnett's GrooveRise ultimately fails to deliver any outstanding features to set it apart from the competition. Although the convenience of an auxiliary input and the ability to be woken by your...
More than a desktop replacement notebook, the M70SA has all the necessary features to be seriously considered as a media centre for a home theatre setup. Not only does it ship with a Blu-ray player and a hybrid TV tuner, it also features 1TB of inter...
Notebooks in Toshiba's Satellite series have previously been steady performers with a no-frills design. The new Satellite A300 (PSAG4A-02600M) represents a different approach, in terms of both hardware and style.
A stylish handset with a solid but far from outstanding list of features, LG's TU515 mobile phone is ideal for those on a budget. Its appeal lies in the fact that it operates on Telstra's Next G network, allowing access to a range of BigPond services...
With its 7.1-megapixel CCD sensor, professional Konica Minolta lens and advanced photography settings, the GZ-MG730 is the top dog of JVC's standard-definition camcorder range. Sporting all the usual Everio features, including an inbuilt hard drive a...
This sweet service is easy to use and works across different platforms to keeps files in sync on multiple devices.
The EB-400 is the premium model in TDK's latest range of earphones. They're in-ear headphones that offer a decent amount of isolation and have a heavy focus on mid-range sound.
AKVIS Enhancer 9.1 is a tool that can reveal hidden details in unevenly exposed digital photos.
FujiFilm's FinePix J50 is an entry-level, 8.2Mp point-and-shoot camera targeted at users who want something with an above average zoom. The FinePix J50 packs in a 5x optical zoom lens while maintaining a slim body. This unit has a simple interface th...
Toast 9 Titanium is an all-in-one DVD/CD burning suite designed exclusively for Macintosh computers. Few other programs on the Apple platform can match its comprehensive array of features, which include everything from audio edits to disc labelling. ...
Sharp's HT-CN650DVW home theatre system is simple to set up, offers the option of HDMI output and up-scaling and has a lively musical sound that is well suited to action movies and rock music.
Mitsubishi's HC4900 home theatre projector is one of the cheapest 1080p-capable units on the market today, coming in at under $4000. While it doesn't have the most attractive design, it has a comprehensive range of features and it displays a fantasti...
The Lenovo IdeaPad Y710-200 is a desktop replacement notebook aimed at gamers and home theatre users. It's big, well-equipped and reasonably powerful, but ultimately falls a little short of what it's trying to accomplish.
Panasonic's DMP-BD30 Blu-ray disc player is a budget model that offers Blu-ray 1.1 compliance and great picture quality, but lacks features, such as high-resolution audio decoding, that appeal to enthusiast users.
At first glance the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus looks like a thermometer with a sleek black design.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW