Phone aficionados have a soft spot for HTC. The company’s hardware almost always seems to be very well made and only occasionally tainted by dodgy software or pricing. Here’s the new HTC U Ultra. It’s a bit of a tongue twister to say out loud, but ...
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is a technological marvel, but that's about it. The rest of Ubisoft's open-world shooter is a repetitive and mind-numbing jumble, particularly if you play on your own. Bring friends, or don't bother.
We've seen a great many MSI Gaming laptops over the past months. There's a flavour for eevryone, whether it’s a 120Hz screen, a desktop-style mechanical keyboard, a water-cooled chassis or SLI graphics. Some of them are the size of a briefcase.
HTC has finally released its HTC U Ultra, is it as good as we hoped?
Only recently we were looking at Venom's Blackbook Zero 14 – a laptop designed to be fast, lightweight and with few distractions. Venom is an Aussie manufacturer globally-selling computers that have a serious attention to detail on the insides: ens...
Nvidia's ferocious GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is the fastest graphics card ever, and the first capable of uncompromising 4K gaming.
ADATA has undercut the field by offering the joy-inducing XPG SX8000 NVMe SSD for a joy-inducing price.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands offers a big, beautiful world with no load screens and low frame rates. We dig into the game's PC performance.
The value you get from this 15-inch 2-in-1 laptop is impressive: A faster processor, higher-resolution screen, and bigger battery are now the standard in every configuration.
We’ve seen some absolutely massive gaming laptops from MSI but then they’ve had things like SLI graphics and mechanical, desktop keyboards embedded.
We’ve seen a few Aussie ultraportable lappies lately but this is the cheapest. Is it the best?
AMD's vaunted Ryzen CPU is a multithreaded monster with one glaring weakness.
Gigabyte’s AX370 motherboard came to us as part of our AMD Ryzen Test Rig. This was handy because although it’s the first AM4 socket motherboard that we’ve seen, it bares many similarities to Gigabyte’s Z170X Designare motherboard which is the main c...
Despite some failings, Torment: Tides of Numenera is one of the most consistently surprising and delightful RPGs of the last decade.
It was only very recently that we were celebrating Hisense’s amazing 4K ULED TV as our Best Tech product of 2016. The traditionally-budget brand’s Series 7000 TV wasn’t just better than all of the competition, it was much cheaper than it all too. Now...
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD