Motorola’s recipe of combining powerful hardware with stock Android is a winning formula in its second generation Moto X. The company has forged a desirable identity -- not by defacing the Android Lollipop software with a cumbersome overlay -- but by...
Young Xiaomi is proving it belongs in the big league with its Mi4, a 5-inch smartphone mature in design and fluent in Xiaomi’s custom MiUi software. It packs the kind of hardware found in flagships from Sony, Samsung and HTC, and yet it sells for a f...
Driving a V8 Commodore is about as Australian as it gets. The rumble, burble and gargle of the engine is behind one off Australia’s great past-times, the V8 supercars, and it has helped birth national icons from the late Peter Brock to Mark Skaife.
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries...
All of the trademarks that make the Note 4 a wonderful large-screen smartphone can be found on the Note Edge. It has a large 5.6-inch, 1440p display. The bottom left conceals the popular S-Pen stylus. Multi-tasking modes are aplenty. The best of the ...
Synology’s DiskStation DS215j is a NAS device that can be used for a lot more than just housing and backing up your data. It features the latest version of the company's DiskStation Manager operating system (DSM 5.1), and it allows for a vast array o...
Fitbit’s Charge is an activity and sleep tracker that takes the form of a wristband. It can be quite useful as a motivational tool for those of us who want to get more active, just like previous Fitbit products have been, but the wristband form facto...
Acer’s Aspire Switch 10 Pro is a hybrid Windows 8.1-based device that’s aimed primarily at the education and business markets. It’s a tablet device first and foremost, but it ships with a keyboard base that allows it to also be used as a notebook or ...
Viewsonic’s VX2363SMHL (VX63) monitor is a 23in LED-backlit LCD monitor with a slim and lightweight design. It has a Full HD resolution and a response time of 2ms, and it’s aimed primarily at those of you who want an inexpensive screen for everyday, ...
The Jabra Sport Pulse headphones are designed to appeal to those of us who like to walk, run, or hit the gym as part of an exercise program. They use a wireless Bluetooth connection rather than a cord, and they also have a built-in heart-rate monitor...
Powerful compact variants of Sony smartphones have garnered general acclaim. Is there room in the tablet space for a powerful tablet modelling the Compact form?
When the original 7D was released five years ago, the message was strong that this was a camera for a photographer (or indeed an adventurer) who wanted fast frame rates at an acceptable price point. With the EOS 7D Mark II, that message is now even s...
Kobo’s Aura H2O is the world’s first waterproof eReader, but what sacrifices, if any, has Kobo made for its latest eReader to pack tough certification?
The good folks at Worx want to put an end to the chore of mowing lawns with the release of an autonomous mower called the Worx Landroid. It uses a sensory system not unlike those found in robotic vacuum cleaners, although implanting the same tech int...
The dual-screen YotaPhone 2 is a much-improved version of its predecessor, and the electronic paper display is far from a gimmick. But the high price tag makes actually buying one a little nutty.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW