Acer’s Aspire R13 is designed as a convertible laptop that can also be used as a tablet. Its screen flips all the way around on its hinge to facilitate the laptop-to-tablet transformation, and it’s a design that’s neat and to the point. But we did no...
The Lenco PlayConnect is a device that you can use to connect your existing stereo system to your home network. It can work on its own in this fashion, or it can be used as part of a multi-room sound system with Lenco’s wireless speaker products (the...
BenQ is not the first brand (or perhaps even the twentieth) that you’ll think of turning to for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker, but the company has introduced a portable speaker that’s different from the norm, and quite an interesting proposition. ...
How small can an interchangeable lens camera get before the benefits of being able to change lens are outweighed by the relatively cramped nature of the body? That’s what we kept thinking as we used the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5, which is a Micro Four ...
Ultimate Ears has a strong professional audio pedigree, but was perhaps not so well known among other brands in the consumer market. That all changed last year with the launch of the UE Boom wireless speaker -- a classic marriage of good design, exce...
Since the entry price for fully featured printers has come down so much over the last few years, buying a new printer is almost an impulse decision. Canon’s MX496 is one of the printers that fits the buying-before-researching scenario, but it does pa...
The Moto E's specification doesn't stand out from the competition even with LTE and a faster processor. Instead it's the design that makes Motorola's new device a good alternative for consumers who want an affordable smartphone.
Sore points soured the Google and Samsung-made Nexus 10. Spoiling the high-resolution screen was thick bezels and, to quote our review, the fact there wasn’t “enough third-party apps optimised for its larger screen size”. A couple of years later and ...
Gone are the days when the WRX was an unrefined brute designed only for the driver. The brand has grown into a civilised sedan, one as comfortable to sit in as it is to drive, and that’s impressive considering this car is still a lark.
Rapoo's thin, E9090P wireless keyboard features a touchpad on the right side, making it a good model to consider if you want to control a media centre computer from the comfort of your lounge. It adds a bit of convenience that we haven't seen in othe...
For the 2015 version of its Travel Zoom camera, the Lumix DMC-TZ70, Panasonic has done something a bit different. Rather than boosting the megapixel count of the sensor, it has actually reduced it, but made the individual pixels bigger. It has done t...
Even big notebooks such as the Asus Transformer Book Flip TP500LN-CJ035H are getting the hybrid treatment these days. This isn’t much of a surprise coming from Asus. It was Asus, after all, that transformed an 18.4in screen for its all-in-one desktop...
You have to hand it to HP: it has come out with a consumer tablet device that’s styled more for a business crowd. For some of us, that’s a good thing, though it will most likely fall into the ‘looks boring’ category for many others. Regardless of wha...
Physical keyboards are an integral part of BlackBerry's history and now the design trait is back with the Classic. The question remains: is an old-school BlackBerry still relevant today?
Fishing enthusiasts and cyclists know all about Shimano reels and gears. Based on that name recognition, the company will no doubt be hoping that users of its products will also have a mind to check out the action cam it's offering. It's called the S...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW