AMD's new Ryzen CPUs are generating as much controversy, confusion, and misinformation as they are excitement. We examine the perceptions and give you the reality.
Sure, the CIA can hack your TV, but public posts on Facebook could really hurt you.
That proposal, from Bill Gates, could do much to ease the social strains caused by automation.
YouTube's new live TV service will make TV mobile, flexible, easy, competitive and super profitable for Google.
Mergers and acquisitions are mainstays of the corporate world, but how much do you really know about what makes them tick? The virtual data room, or VDR, is critical to the behind-the-scenes heavy lifting of modern M&A.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has rapidly become an extremely popular way for established and up-and-coming businesses alike to improve productivity in the workplace.
You can hide from casual observers, but a motivated person will see through your attempts at anonymization.
Our fearless editors face off on tough tech topics.
Creative Lab's Ryan Schlieper drops by and talks all things PC audio with the Full Nerd crew
Millennials are spending more, not less, time with their PCs than before. Studies indicate that the average time spent on a PC has gone up by 12 minutes since 2012. In addition, consumers are spending twice as much time watching movies and TV shows o...
Punchlines such as “the world’s thinnest” or “the world’s first” may sound great initially, but upon closer scrutiny, they can often prove to be damaging. Frequently coined by marketing departments whose main aim is to send out quick, simplistic and ...
Video game installation sizes are out of control on the PC, causing hard drives and data caps to beg for mercy.. There could be an answer, if game vendors follow the lead of the PC software industry.
In this week's War of the Worlds, we debate topics including: Can Alexa and Siri be frenemies? Has China found the answer to stupid drone tricks? Watch us hash it out here.
Several years ago many major tech leaders declared that the PC was dead. It seemed that the art of connecting people to tethered screens had come to an end. I think what industry leaders actually meant was, that the age of good-enough computing was n...
This week, Oscar Raymundo battles Jon Phillips on everything from the iPhone battery fracas to Facebook's video initiative to eSports' soaring popularity.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Windows 10 Creators Update could take months to roll out, data suggests
- Myth busted: Vulkan's multi-GPU support isn't limited to Windows 10
- Micro Center has cut the price of the Ryzen 1700X to $370
- Facebook live videos take aim at Twitch with streaming software, hardware support
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- TPJunior Business AnlystVIC
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD