Facebook's efforts to embed camera functionality in all the apps it runs isn’t just a push to crush Snapchat. The company will be using those cameras as a way to create a developer platform for augmented reality, CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed Tuesday.
Facebook’s popular app login tools are getting an update to better serve international users, the company announced Tuesday.
Google unveils a new Earth for Chrome and Android phones that gives you more places to visit and greater control over what you see.
Despite a few annoyances, Samsung's DeX dock for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ provides a remarkably PC-like experience, and might compel you to leave your laptop at home.
Android Wear fans looking for a wearable built for the latest generation of the OS have two new watches to choose from: the Huawei Watch 2 and Verizon Wear 24.
AMD's new Radeon RX 500-series graphics cards are a refined, retuned take on its Polaris GPUs.
Microsoft Insiders get the first taster of user-generated tournaments on Xbox One, along with other improvements including Party Overlay.
Dude, not cool, man.
After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Friday’s release of suspected NSA spying tools is bad news for companies running Windows Server. The cyberweapons, which are now publicly available, can easily hack older versions of the OS.
A hacking group has released suspected U.S. government files that show the National Security Agency may have spied on banks across the Middle East.
The robots are made from a number of rods and cables allowing them to easily adapt to moving through challenging terrains and making it much easier for them to be dropped onto the surface of planets than current rovers.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
Microsoft Edge improves noticeably with the Creators Update, catching up with some features and offering true innovations with others.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- CCProject Manager - Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT