For the last couple of weeks, I've been running with a new gadget: Adidas' miCoach Pacer, a set of three small devices that combine audio coaching with a stride sensor and a heart-rate monitor. There's a lot to like about the miCoach Pacer, but a bug...
Foxit Software, the developer of a rival PDF viewer to Adobe's vulnerability-plagued Reader, released an update today that blocks some attacks with a "safe mode" that's switched on by default.
Google wants to bring your digital book reader into the cloud.
When the LoveBug worm hit 10 years ago, it was a different time when people believed admirers were really reaching out to say "I love you", personal firewalls were turned off by default and executable attachments weren't blocked at e-mail gateways.
Two U.S. lawmakers have released a draft bill that would require companies that collect personal information from customers to disclose how they collect and share that information, but several privacy and consumer groups said the proposal would legal...
The latest numbers are out and the main story revolves around Google Chrome continuing to climb in market share, and Microsoft Internet Explorer continuing to fall. In fact, IE has dropped below 60 percent market share for the first time--fueled by a...
Central Desktop's hosted collaboration suite will gain a new component next month designed to let multiple users simultaneously work on the same Microsoft Office documents.
Apple is attempting to avoid an <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/195444/feds_eye_apple_for_antitrust_probe.html">antitrust probe into its trade practices</a> by revising some of the terms of its developer agreement, according to reports. It's...
While text-based search services such as Google's and Microsoft Bing now come pretty close to consistently serving up what users seek, video search services remain inexact at best, said video archiving experts who spoke on a panel at last week's WWW2...
Shipments of the speedy DDR3 memory are growing at a fast pace as implementations of its predecessor, DDR2 memory, slow down, research firm iSuppli said in a study released on Tuesday.
Although cloud computing service providers can help companies cut IT costs, many large and mid-size companies can achieve equivalent or greater savings with in-house systems based on the same technologies. But there are no clear guidelines that dicta...
Amazon Web Services has launched VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) in Europe, the company said on Tuesday. The service lets companies connect their existing data centers to isolated computing resources in Amazon's European cloud using an encrypted VPN (vir...
A company focused on R, the open-source language for statistical analysis, relaunched under a new name Tuesday and gave a preview of its technology roadmap for 2010.
Three Web sites belonging to the US Department of the Treasury have been hacked to attack visitors with malicious software, security vendor AVG says.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD