With the help of about 200 Sony Playstations, an international team of security researchers have devised a way to undermine the algorithms used to protect secure Web sites and launch a nearly undetectable phishing attack.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Microsoft is denying that an alleged vulnerability affecting its Windows Media Player software, identified by a security researcher on Christmas Eve, is a security risk for PC users.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Software could overshadow gadgets at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show, with Microsoft expected to shed light on its upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Acer on Monday launched a powerful quad-core laptop at a price that may appeal to buyers on a budget.
Apple's iPod Touch over the last four days has almost tripled its share of the browser market compared to the first 24 days of December, according to a Web metrics company.
Are breastfeeding photos indecent? The boobs who run Facebook apparently think so, and their decision to delete images of nursing women has led to a minor backlash among users of the social networking site.
LG Electronics plans to debut a wristwatch-style 3G phone at the Consumer Electronics Show next month, it said Sunday.
For the second year in a row, some of those digital photo frames lying under the Christmas tree may come with a nasty surprise.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
A small Indiana company has sued tech heavyweights Microsoft, Apple, and Google, claiming that it holds the patent on a common file preview feature used by browsers and operating systems to show users small snapshots of the files before they are open...
Online retailers have begun selling Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Phenom II processors, well ahead of the company's processor announcement plans for early January.
In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW