A U.S. district court judge has ordered the permanent closure of an Internet service provider long accused of hosting and distributing spam, spyware, child pornography and other illegal content, at the request of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Microsoft will beef up security in the revamped Windows Live Hotmail, including tying a user's account to a specific PC, a company executive said today.
IBM's newest supercomputer utilizes both <a href="http://www.intel.com/?en_US_01">Intel</a> and <a href="http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php">Nvidia</a> chips--the first time that IBM has ever mixed the two processors in a supercomputer, ...
The Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, a group of U.S. lawmakers concerned with copyright infringement, has listed The Pirate Bay and five other Web sites as "notorious" file-sharing sites.
Writing about <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/184659/master_google_android_40_tips_and_tricks.html">Android</a> can sometimes feel like writing science fiction. So forgive me for saying the following:
Microsoft said it has uncovered a new kind of click fraud, filing two lawsuits against people it says are using the scam.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) reported a 13% revenue increase Tuesday for its most recent quarter, a clear sign that IT spending is on the mend.
Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy through activities like walking or running that could power or recharge smartphones and portable music players in the future.
Reducing energy consumption in data centers, particularly with the prospect of a federal carbon tax, is pushing vendors to explore an ever-growing range of ideas.
Google will make a strong pitch to enterprise programmers at its I/O developer conference Wednesday with the unveiling of a business version of its App Engine application hosting service and with new cloud portability initiatives in partnership with ...
Google will make its Wave collaboration and communication tool available to anyone who wants to try it out on Wednesday at its I/O developer conference.
The word is that Google will be taking advantage of the Google I/O conference--Google's largest developer event of 2010--to unveil Google Storage for Developers.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
MySpace is using Facebook's privacy fiasco for a little free publicity, announcing a one-click privacy feature that seems more like an attention grab than an actual play for Facebook users.
OmniVision Technologies has introduced its OV2720, which it claims is the world's smallest high-definition (HD) CMOS image sensor. It's intended for notebooks, netbooks, and webcams. For the uninitiated, OmniVision develops camera technology for phon...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC