Australian bookseller Borders has joined the eBook market, launching the $199 Kobo eReader as well as an eBook store on its Web site.
Microsoft will roll out enhancements to its Hotmail Web mail service later this year, with an aim to reduce clutter and make it easier to send photos and handle Office documents. Here is a visual tour of Windows Live Hotmail's new look and features.
Australian Xbox 360 owners will be able to receive Foxtel television via Xbox Live thanks to new service unveiled today.
Novell, which turned down a US$2 billion takeover bid in March, plans to start entertaining offers from other suitors this week, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
Adobe Systems, embroiled in a Web technology feud with Apple that is at least partially attributable to the HTML5 specification, will nonetheless add on Wednesday HTML5 and CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) support to its Dreamweaver HTML authoring tool.
Google officials proposed on Wednesday a standard video codec for the Web and again focused on the HTML5 specification as an advancement for Web-based media.
While D3 Publishing is currently working on bringing the next chapter of the Puzzle Quest franchise to the Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS, Namco Networks will deliver the game to PCs as well as Apple's portable iPhone and iPad platforms.
The fourth beta of the iPhone 4.0 OS hints that AT&T might finally enable Internet tethering, after the carrier failed to activate the feature for almost a year since Apple introduced the capability.
Microsoft has been on the wrong side of a couple patent issues recently--the case with i4i over XML in Microsoft Word, and its recent settlement with VirnetX over VPN networking technology patents--but Microsoft does have an exhaustive portfolio of i...
Giving network managers a way to provide access, single sign-on and provisioning controls in cloud-computing environments got a boost today from both Novell and a much smaller competitor, start-up Symplified.
On Wednesday, the European Commission announced its Digital Agenda, a five-year plan that will set the pace for telecommunications in Europe. The plan includes measures to boost legal music downloads, speed up broadband adoption and set up a rapid re...
More details emerged Wednesday about SAP's plans to build new in-memory database appliances for high-speed analytics, which could set the vendor up against platforms like Oracle's Exadata.
Another day, another leaked Apple prototype? The latest comes from Vietnamese site Tinhte, which is showing off what it claims may be a new version of Apple's iPod Touch. The 64GB device features a 2-megapixel camera, and, based on its markings, appe...
Sennheiser has released the following statement on the death of Professor Fritz Sennheiser.
Data protection authorities in France and Italy have joined Germany in investigating Google's Street View service, following the company's admission last week that its camera cars collected Wi-Fi traffic as well as photos.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW