Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Event management vendor ArcSight will soon start selling a new version of its product, designed to mine unstructured computer logfiles for signs of hacking or illegal activity.
Google's Chrome boosted its share of the browser market by a bigger margin than did Mozilla's Firefox in October, the fourth time its gains have trumped those of the second-place browser in the last year, a Web metrics company said yesterday.
Some Windows 7 users are complaining on an Apple discussion forum that they can’t sync their iPhones to their new PCs.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft Corp. pours more money into software security than any other major vendor both because it has to and because it can. Yet for all the investments in security, the number of vulnerabilities discovered in the company's products has increased o...
With its massive security update last month, Microsoft Corp. marked the end of the sixth year since it moved to a monthly patch schedule. An informal count of releases in Microsoft's bulletin archives shows that the company has released about 400 sec...
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Apple is reportedly breaking Hackintoshes -- meaning netbooks illegimately installed with Mac OS X -- with its latest update to Leopard.
The Mac clone maker that's been battling Apple for more than a year in federal court last week asked a judge to rule that its business is legitimate, and to stop Apple from saying different.
Microsoft today said computers in countries with high rates of software piracy are more likely to be infected by malicious code because users are leery of applying security patches.
It's scary to think how much sensitive or even valuable information can be gleaned from an untended PC, even one whose user just walked away for a few minutes. That's the sort of thing that security managers fret about but the rest of the world hardl...
Electronic Arts has been teasing the existence of its iPhone port of the classic real time strategy game Command & Conquer: Red Alert for a while now, but the game finally arrived in the app store yesterday for the premium price of US$9.99.
Motorola will sell an international version of its Android-based smartphone, dubbed the Milestone, in Germany, Italy and Argentina.
Sony Ericsson's rumoured Android-based Xperia handset is expected to launch on Tuesday, with a brand new user interface codenamed Rachel. As we wait for the device to launch, two YouTube videos about the device have surfaced in recent weeks.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW