MIT in Cambridge, Mass., and a medical center based in Alabama are beginning to deploy faster wireless 802.11n access points from Cisco Systems, networking engineers said in a Webcast Tuesday.
Patches released earlier this month to quash a critical bug in the Domain Name System (DNS) have slowed servers running BIND, the Internet's most popular DNS software, and crippled some systems versions of Windows Server.
Microsoft has released an API that allows Web sites to send location information to GPS navigation devices as part of an expansion of its MSN Direct services.
NASA last week launched a new interactive Web site, jointly developed with the non-profit Internet Archive, which initially combines some 21 separately stored and managed NASA imagery collections into a single online resource featuring enhanced searc...
After hitting a snag in their attempts to analyze Martian ice, NASA scientists are expanding their scope to test dry soil.
Mobile computing has become a dominant focus in the open source arena, a theme on prominent display at a major open source technology convention last week.
Although Apple has restored full e-mail service to about 40 percent of the subscribers who have been locked out of their accounts for more than a week, the company today acknowledged a new problem with the sync service.
Dell is going small - really small.
A noted hacker attack kit has been retired from service by its criminal creators, most likely because it was priced too high compared to the competition, researchers said Tuesday.
Microsoft demonstrated a number of technologies that it is developing in its research department or in collaboration with university researchers, including a sphere-shaped touchscreen device, at its annual faculty get together.
The encryption of Skype VoIP phone calls might not be as secure as you think.
The National Library of Australia has launched a public beta of its 'Australian Newspapers' site. The site will offer access to scanned images and text from historic Australian newspapers dating from 1803 to 1954.
Research In Motion is hoping to further its advance in the consumer handset market with the launch of its BlackBerry Bold 3G smartphone
A glowing report on the government's national Internet content filtering scheme has again outraged telecommunications providers and privacy advocates who declared the results biased and worthless.
Star Trek fans longing to be captain of their own Federation Starship online will be happy to note Cryptic Studios is developing a massively mutliplayer online role-playing game (MMORG) called Star Trek Online. It will be available for both console a...
Latest News Articles
- Google, Dropbox band together to fight patent trolls
- IBM rethinking decades-old computer design with $US3 billion investment
- Microsoft settles with No-IP in botnet hunt, after seizing its domains
- Microsoft debuts Cloud storage service for enterprises
- Windows upgrades, Chromebooks slow PC market bleeding in Q2
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC