Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
In hard times, people often turn to vice for a little consolation. But lately, even the online offshoot of one of the world's most successful professions--and the intimate cousin of the oldest--is finding the going a little rough. Once thought to be ...
If you've ever been frustrated with trying to determine who is speaking when listening to a conference call, help may be at hand.
Microsoft today unveiled its new Xbox 360 Resident Evil Limited Edition console bundle. The bundle has a recommended retail price of $569 and includes a red Xbox Elite console with a 120GB hard drive, along with a matching red wireless controller and...
Hewlett-Packard became the biggest customer worldwide for microprocessor maker Intel last year, surpassing rival, Dell.
Can a computer get any smaller and cheaper than a netbook? Marvell Technology Group Ltd. thinks so.
Apple Tuesday released a public beta of Safari 4, the next generation of its Internet Web browser.
Ireland's largest ISP won't block The Pirate Bay -- the embattled BitTorrent search engine and tracker -- absent a court order, a spokesman said Tuesday.
Amazon.com's product search engine appeared to malfunction early Tuesday, with searches for well-known books and CDs producing no results.
It sounds crazy to use processors designed for tiny netbooks in data centers, with their potentially massive computing requirements, but Microsoft is experimenting with doing just that and finding that it may lead to cost savings.
Google on Tuesday will institute new billing services for developers using its App Engine hosting service for Web applications, but developers will be able to go beyond the capacity quotas that had been in place, a Google product manager said.
Steve Jobs will not attend the company's shareholder meeting slated for Wednesday, according to reports.
The Kindle 2 began shipping Sunday, ahead of schedule, and even before customers received the new e-book reader from Amazon.com, many indicated in forum posts that they were ecstatic about its impending arrival.
After a two-and-a-half-hour outage Tuesday evening, Google says its free Gmail service is back up and running.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW