Alcatel-Lucent will try to tackle the growing volume of traffic on carrier networks with an optical switch that can handle 4T bits per second (bps) while consuming less power per bit than today's equipment.
The first widespread attack to leverage a recently patched flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser has surfaced.
Gartner has revised its outlook for worldwide IT spending this year, predicting the industry as a whole will see 4.6 percent growth to $3.4 trillion, up from its previous prediction of 3.3 percent growth, according to its latest figures released Thur...
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Amazon.com on Thursday announced its first-ever software developer's kit for anyone who wants to create active content for its popular Kindle e-readers.
A new version of Nokia's mapping service Ovi Maps will include turn-by-turn voice guidance for walking and driving navigation for free, Nokia said on Thursday.
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.6, the first upgrade to the open-source browser since last June.
Google's revenue and profits grew in the fourth quarter, which ended Dec. 31, 2009, and exceeded Wall Street's expectations, capping a year in which the search company did well despite the global economic turmoil.
Microsoft's top legal official yesterday called on the US Congress to create new laws that would give data stored in the cloud the same protections as data stored on a PC. He also called for tougher penalties for hackers who access data centers, citi...
Camran Ashraf, an Iranian-American digital activist, was encouraged by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticensorship speech Thursday.
Computer users with rudimentary skills will be able to program via screen shots rather than lines of code with a new graphical scripting language called Sikuli that was devised at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
As if joining Twitter and rejoining Facebook in the same week weren't enough, Bill Gates has now launched a Web site on which he can share his thoughts.
A federal judge has killed class-action allegations in a lawsuit that accused Microsoft of misleading consumers when it fed them anti-piracy software under the auspices of a critical security update, according to court documents.
No one should be surprised that the big action in the CPU market this year will be in the mobile and low-power processor segments.
Following Google’s decision to postpone the launch of a new Motorola Android phone in China, Motorola announced services and partnerships that will enable it to pursue the Chinese market without Google.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia